X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

He was found guilty.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...dict-1.5296462

Every now and then, I google the trial...and read about the testimony. And almost every time it brings me to tears (and it takes a lot to make me cry).

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
      Every now and then, I google the trial...and read about the testimony. And almost every time it brings me to tears (and it takes a lot to make me cry).
      These things are always difficult to read. There was one in Montreal not long ago. I'd be curious to see what percentage is related to mental illness. Anyone that has seen something like a borderline having a "borderline rage" episode, or psychotic episode will understand. This is truly scary, and the person acts completely differently. The look in their eyes. It's intense. It's predatory. You can see that they aren't there. Similar thing for the covert narcissist that "levels up" when they become dysregulated. Going from the hypersensitive introvert to becoming a scapegoater.. Sometimes leading to the "punitive avenger". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dynUwh1qu3o

In most cases, neighbours say that these mothers or father were great parents and then they just seem to snap. I've had a neighbour do this to his family.. kids were something like 4 and 7. The guy was a firefighter, no one saw it coming. No one ever sees it coming. There was a good documentary on amazon prime about this (from Ireland I think?). It makes me scared for my kids because the ex has had such borderline rage episodes. Yes she loves the kids but how far can an they go when they don't control themselves?

It's not just depression and the fact that they have to pay CS or won't see the kids as much where "if family law was fair and it would be 50-50, all would be avoided".

I really wish there was more focus on prevention but that would have to start at a young age. BPD / NPD / ASPD for example develop at around age 3 due to what you could consider a bad home environment.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X