This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre nup worries

I have been married to a successful business man for five years in July 2011. Due to him having a lot of money I signed a pre nup. After nearly five years of marriage he has left me because after the five years I will cost him too much money, his words. He is now trying to find someone new on web sites. I feel like a business contract up for renewal. The pre nup is not good for me under five years, i have lived with him for eight years. Can a pre nup be contested in Canada, I'm from UK and came to live here with my two children 7 years ago. No one seems to know if it is a black and white document or can it be contested, please help im so worried about my future

First thing, your kids: I assume they are well under 18yo. Are you receiving any child support $ from their bio-dad?

If not, can you say that your husband was fully involved as father to them for 8 years? If yes, then you may be able to secure some child support from him on that basis. But probably you will need to spend lots of $ and time on lawyers to win this one (unless you are the type to do mega research and can speak well for yourself in court)

As for the pre-nup, it depends on the contents. If it is grossly unfair (e.g. if he benefits unfairly from you), or if you can prove you did not understand what you were signing, you might be able to do something.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X