week about vs. 5-5-2-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
    sorry if this has been asked before, but just trying to understand from those with or close to these schedules, what the pros and cons of each are?
    https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ad.php?t=13702

That thread has lots of information.

Comment

How old is your child?

Comment

Youngdad, I would look into the future a few years down the road and do what think will work best, I'm thinking for an older child 1 week on, 1 week off would work better.

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
          Youngdad, I would look into the future a few years down the road and do what think will work best, I'm thinking for an older child 1 week on, 1 week off would work better.

Any reason in particular that makes you think that week on week off is better for any age range?

The only advantage as far as I can tell is that is easier for strangers to follow. In pretty much every other way, 5-5-2-2 is the better system, as I have detailed previously in this forum.

Comment

i think you should have a steady plan and stick with it. I HATE that the court system is so slow, and these issues are resolved as the children age out of the "system'. Or you give up because the legal fees are to costly to go on. I completely understand a child that remove themselves from the conflict, I have one too. If you cant see your child enough to be an active involved parent, then become a Disney Dad, and have your home be a place of peace for your child to wind down, kick back and have lots of fun.

Where are you exactly in the court system, heading to a trial? When is it schedule for?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
              Any reason in particular that makes you think that week on week off is better for any age range?

The only advantage as far as I can tell is that is easier for strangers to follow. In pretty much every other way, 5-5-2-2 is the better system, as I have detailed previously in this forum.
              Janus, I have no experience in shared custody. And your right, it seem simpler to me 1 week on 1 week off. But I am not the best poster to take custody advice from. Hopefully Youngdad is reading your threads on 5-5-2-2.

Comment

I don't know. The longer this takes and the more the mother uses the system to roadblock my relationship with the kiddo the more I want to just go for sole custody and mom can see the child maybe every other weekend. I ought to do what is best for my kiddo. If things go the way they have been it won't be long before the child becomes fully alienated and decided to side with mom to please mom and remove herself from the conflict. Kiddo is already doing this at such a young age just before entering her teenage age and I've got the evidence to prove it. ..and.. Maybe not ....and the child will bump heads with mom and tell her off and you know what, screw you, I'm going to go live with dad.
                Be careful before you toss in the parental alienation trope..

http://www.fredacentre.com/wp-conten...da-Neilson.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post

An excellent observation (in bold). Week about seems to be just the common pattern. Doesn't make it the best one. I agree that 2-2-5-5 (5-5-2-2) is the better system.

See the other thread as Janus points out in that thread the benefits. No need to scramble egg the forum with the same debate.

Comment

I've reviewed the 8 symptoms of alienation and ever single one of them are described in my OCL report.. the child even remembers thing I apparently did to her mom when she was in her mommy's tommy.. when I was in my mom's tommy, my dad used to ..... some mom's I tell you.
                    1. There is no clinical diagnosis for PAS anywhere.

2. Symptoms are part of a formal diagnosis for which there is NONE for PAS.

3. Parental Alienation (syndrome) and the patterns that are associated with other similar groupings are all forms of CHILD ABUSE.

4. OCL and other professionals are involved whom are required, under law, to report child abuse. If they have not reported it you can be certain it is not abuse.

When a child is truly "alienated" from a parent it is child abuse. There are mechanisms in the court to deal with this and the CAS. Do not try to make something out of nothing... It won't help your case.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X