Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust me I know. I'm still paying for the one and only time we hashed out the custody order/divorce so going to court is not something I want to do.

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Tryingsohard View Post
      CP and NCP have a combined income of $100K with a ratio of section 7 expenses of 30% to CP and 70% to NCP. CP is requesting approximately $7K - $8K for sports this year which is excessive considering full CS for 3 kids is also being paid.

1. What is considered reasonable?
      2. Has anyone found Case Law regarding the Maximum granted i.e. 5% of net income?
      That is about 2x more than I spend for my 3 kids. Last year combined income of $140K. My ex is refusing to pay for their sports this year and has paid some in previous years (when the combined incomes was greater)

They play house league level though.

My view is that at our income level, to spend 5K total for 3 kids for a whole year is not extraordinary. It is not even section 7. Note that I share the kids 50/50 and pay offset CS, so for me normal vs section 7 is just a difference between sharing the cost 50/50, or in proportion to income - not a big difference.

Also, in my SA (which is not signed), I state generally that one house league level sport at a time per kid is normal (not section 7).

Also it states that if their sport become extraordinary in cost (and becomes section 7), the cost of the house league level is considered covered by CS, and the amount above that is section 7.

Comment

back it up for a sec....any written agreements? ........if you've been historically paying give up now you lost...........if your suffering undue hardship you may have a case...........and yes it's a dual edged sword when the kids are told no more sports because you won't(can't) pay they'll be (made) angry. DO what I did years and years ago..go to all the activites you are paying for sit in the stands and watch the ex do a slow burn because she can't drop the kids of and go do stuff and is forced to stay..because she knows your recording stuff.. get her to send the schedule..lord help her if she misses a game with the kids and doesn't inform poor ol dad sitting in the stands all alone shivering... the special activities requests will stop in 2 years max..the kids love seeing you there too.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X