Great day in court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great day in court

Some days I feel like the world has flip upside down...after so many years of fighting just to see my daughter, and try to prove I am not abusive like mom kept claiming, I finally keep walking away from court feeling good.

Today we were in court again. Judge was very frank with mom that she would not be getting access other then supervised anytime soon. That she better do some work to see how her actions are damaging our daughter.

She also tried to stop the termination of my child support which didn't work I no longer pay child support. She tried to get me for section 7 expanses that she claims she paid over the last few years, it was denied. She was told that she will be paying me child support and the judge warned her that they would impute her income if she didn't provide substantial proof why she was now suddenly not working.

She has tried 3 times in last few weeks to have the orders over turned and for her to have shared custody again, and each time she is told the most she can hope for right now will be supervised access!!!

Good Stuff and Grats

I may of been just droning on (via E-mails) about getting FRO (Ontario) or MIP (out west) onto non compliant parents that love litigation

Endless Court with no consequence...well once CHILD SUPPORT is attached to a parent and it's sent to "the agency".... Like MIO (water additive) it changes everything

It's no longer a EX plotting to take another parent to Court

It's how to avoid the mindless government child support collection agency..from taking a drivers licence or being sent to Jail

Collection Agencies spend Taxpayer monies all day on defaulters in Court or on the phone...that's their job (until they RETIRE!!!!!)

I'm glad "money" was brought up in Court...because without a money CLAIM on C.S or S7....the Judge would have nothing to make a decision on.

So you got everything...with a cherry on top

Make sure you get that Endorsement/Order done filed and sent to FRO or MIP or whatever is in your area....and get them collectors on your EX

Grats again

Comment

Congrats on your good day in court and for your ex being held accountable by the judge. From your posts, your daughter (and you) have been put through the wringer by her mom.

Hope for your daughter's sake she can start the school year feeling her world is more stable and predictable. Her mom may not stop creating drama but at least her ability to manipulate will be reduced and under more scrutiny.

Comment

Great news. Now hopefully this judge will seize your file (if he hasn't already) and you can look forward to sensible litigation in future (if there exists such a thing)

Take a bow! You've deserved this!

Comment

This is awesome. You worked so hard for your daughter and finally shes going to have some stability. Very proud of our judicial system over this ruling!!!

Comment

Just wonder did you have a lawyer represented you? Did your ex has a lawyer?
            If you did have one, may I ask what's his/ her name? It seems your case got well represented.
            Good job. And look forward to hearing the answer from you about my questions above

Comment

No I am self rep'd. My child's mother did have a lawyer most of the time, although she went through a lot of lawyers so there were spaces where she was unrepresented.

Comment

very interesting points, some people unhappy with exist lawyer, yes, she likes to change, again, there is unconnected missing piece of information when transfer from one to another lawyer. the best thing is self do the research, gather what have to gather, then talk to the right lawyer and ask his/her pinons ahead how he she is going to present those evidence one collected. should not totally depend on the lawyer, he she is a human, only different is she or he went to the law school and know the rule and step, to make judge easy to follow. lawyer only a good tool of open his or her mouth, talk to the judge with more credit and easy get listened. again, not all the lawyer is smart person. in your case, your ex plus her lawyer are less than you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X