Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advise me a good lawyer, please

Hi everyone,
    Do you know any good lawyer in ottawa for child custody, access matter.
    Any one ever use Cecil Lyon? Or Nigel Macleod? Please advise and input with your best knowledge of any of them.
    Thank you
    Bestformykid

Can you shed some light on your case? Lawyers often ask that you get to know the poster/or their case before any kind of referring goes on .. to weed out the nut bars, etc.

Comment

My ex disobeying the court order. Access was not followed on schedule.
      I need to change the order so child will not stuck on no activities can be arrange by me in my ex access if my ex could not able to use the access.

Comment

What is your current order? Do you have joint custody, what access arrangements do you have right now? How often is ex not following the access order, and in what manner...late, withholding, switching days ect?

Comment

Applied to all of your questions.
          Withdrawal one access that is each Wednesday afternoon.
          Withdrawal summer vacation. Switch /trade suggestions, self determined of such trade even if being denied.
          Put child in the middle. Told the child that I did not let child see my ex instead told the true. And child believed that I stealed my ex access. Etc.
          I have sole custody, my ex has access. My ex is good at playing twisted facts game to manipulate the child.

Comment

You will not be able to make your ex see the child. All you can do is encourage the relationship.

How old is your child? You can't stop your ex from putting them in the middle but its an awful thing they are doing. You just talk respectfully of other parent, and show your child you are not withholding. If they are feeling a lot of stress by being in the middle you may want to look at some counselling for the child.

If you already have sole and primary residence what are you looking to do in court?

Comment

well, my ex use any right possible to proven my kid has good time with me.
              i applied passport for my child so she can travel and have fun in the summer.
              then my ex refuse to sign the passport application. not to mention next step to consent for child to travel with me. my child complained alot about not fun summer

Comment

If you have a trip booked then you can file a motion to dispense with his signature requirement, provided that the trip is on your time. If it is on his time, you can still apply to the courts but you should give options for make up time that are fair to him as well.

Comment

I was not dear to book ticket, as it was too risky as tickets deals I was looking for were not refundable. Plus, I am afraid judge may not like the aggressive pressure, I maybe wrong.
                  As it was other than step one get passport, step two is ex consent of travel.
                  And my ex lives in the state, also afraid of my ex use this for trade of allowing my ex take child to the state each of his weekend, that I like to avoid it happened. Sounds like unfair, according to my child last time told me, my ex's partner put nails on the floor that my child could not walk, and my ex partner also argued with my ex all night long. So my child could not sleep. I try to avoid this trade happens. So I need a good lawyer to carefully explained the history and be able to get judge listen to the story, and sense the feeling, experiences that my child went through. In a simple way say, a lawyer be able to touch the judge soul and get his sense in my child experience.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X