Ups and downs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ups and downs!

So frustrated and feel like our life is always up and down!

As some members know i have been in a legal battle for a few years. Mom's constant game playing, withholding and breaking order resulted in child living with me most of the time. However last court appearance mom was granted an expansion of access by 1 day a week.

Since then mom has been upping her efforts at playing games, not returning child, going to numerous doctor in a continued attempt to prove a false abuse claim. She even interfered with child's therapy to the point they are saying they will have to stop the therapy.

Well child finally came clean to her therapy worker on some of what is happening. They advised her to talk to her counsellor more about it because she was a little uncomfortable with her therapy provider (its not psychological therapy its an autism therapist)

So child told her counsellor everything. The sexual abuse claim was false, mom forced her to write it, mom fakes it all, mom constantly yells at her before appointments to make her say what mom wants, mom won't let her talk to me in public, and a lot more about abuse. counsellor called CAS.

Its great that everything is coming out fully. Only down side is that children's lawyer is involved and now with CAS doing an investigation it will slow things down.

We are back in court in 3 weeks.

Mom has not filed any of the papers she was only given until May 1 to file. (that was already an extension of 60 days from the original filing deadline)

Mom is still not following the new orders

Do I ask for an adjournment until CAS finishes their investigation? This court date was to discuss summer access? Do I move forward with the date and present the documents of what is happening and a letter from her counsellor and therapist?

If mom's actions are risking her being discharged from program (it is the only program in our region that is covered by government. Its a 1 year wait list for her to go back on for her treatment block) Would that be enough to ask for sole decision making regarding her autism treatment?

Wow. I had been wondering how you were doing and all I can say is that--wow.

I have nothing valuable to add other than to ask if its possible to put in the breaches of the new order being a reason to reduce access and set a more structured summer schedule? Or even a move back to supervised access so shes returned on time?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X