This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Case Law

I'm trying to find case law on CanLII but not having any luck. Can Anyone help me?

Thanks

CanLII database can be found here CanLII - Ontario

Comment

When you're on the site, click on tips.

I use : +, -, " " mostly. I do one search with a few words and go through it. Most of the cases will have a common theme, so either put " - " before a word to weed through it.

Also, the /n function is nice. You can write "custody /10 parents" in the search field. This will find every case with custody and parents within 10 words of each other.

I also don't look specifically for one province. Most provinces have similar laws, and I found that there were a few interesting ones in BC.

Comment

Case Law

Does anyone know where I can find details of Boston vs. Boston

Comment

It's in french,

CanLII - 2001 CSC 43 (CanLII)

Boston c. Boston

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks. I was able to find the English version too. Appreciate your help.

Comment

Wow, Foredeck, thanks for the tip about "/n" feature in the search. I had no idea about that one. I have been searching case law all week for submissions that are due and that could have saved me lots of time and potentially found other relevant cases.

Also, any case on canlii can be instantly translated by clicking in the top right corner to translate from english to french or vice versa.

Comment

I'm still have difficulty find a number of cases:

I'm looking for

1. Claridge-Skof v. Skof, July 11, 1997 O.J No. 3112, (Ont. Gen. Div) McDougall, J.
                2. Pilotte v. Pillotte, February 5, 1998, O.J. No. 865, (Ont. Prov. Div.), Little Prov. J.
                3. Tallman v. Tomke, June 27, 1997, Alta. Q.B., Wilson, J.

Any help in finding these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X