CS for a child away at college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OttawaM43 View Post
    Sorry Canadian Guy im not a lawyer but i would assume that if you both pay child support or have offset cs then the education part would be paid with the 2/3 formula. Then take the income added together and then divided into each other to get the % of each payments. I would ask a judge to have any cs the is over and above given right to the child if they aren't in either house.
    So only pay CS when the child is living at both homes during the 3-4 months in the summer than?

Would like to know if there is any case law out there for CS to be paid while in post secondary school and how the amount for school is split between parents and child.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadaguy View Post
      How would that work in shared custody with offset CS? Neither parent would have to pay to each other CS?
      My agreement states the following we are shared 50/50 with offset

When a child begins to live away from home for educational purposes, the parties will review the amount of child support payable by each parent in order to take into account the reduced costs to each parent and the fact that each parent is contributing to tuition and residency costs.
      Of course this is not a formula. So we either have to agree on something or get an order.

I also have two kids so when the first goes the other will still be shared.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X