Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't say why the overpayment issue wasn't addressed at this time. Regardless that's been addressed already

the overpayment was addressed before (sorta). At the case conference in 2006, I was given a credit for half the overpayment. But because there was such a large ammount that she owed me at the time and there was still issues to be discussed at a later date, the order was left as an endorsement. I didn't realize that come the end of the court it wouldn't automatically be ordered. Well it wasn't. It still sits as an endorsement and FRO doesn't enforce endorsements.

Are you considering a change to the final order to include a clause ending support for your oldest when he graduates or are you planning on going back to court next year too?!!!!

I didn't put a clause in there. Was expecting that i would just have to go back once he is done. Should i not do this?

Comment

dajackal,

It's really up to you how you address the issue of your eldest's CS ending.
      Personal call. Sometimes the less stuff to be dealt with @ court the more successful it is. Certain things get waylaid when too much is at issue.

I am not sure how exactly you get endorsements processed to an order when you self-represent but too bad it's sitting idle.

Comment

Originally posted by dajackal View Post
        I am paying thru FRO... from a court order .. based on child support guidelines

I can't change the ammount.... only a judge can. and i have to pay until he does
        I understand you being regarding this. As stated in another posts you can put a motion into court to vary the child support, you can request that the court order FRO to provide you in writing the amount that was paid to your ex during the time of the overpayment period, this amount could be (I have seen it done) taken off the current amount to reduce the amount of CS the other parent would received until the overpayment was paid back then the varied amount for the children she now has in her care will come into affect. I am not sure what type of relationship you have with your ex and how much of an issue this will cause not only between the two of you but between the children as well, I guess that is something you will have to decide when weighing the pros and cons of it all and how important this overpayment really is in the end. I hope everything works out for you

Comment

Originally posted by dovan View Post
          I am not sure what type of relationship you have with your ex
          The fact that they have to go to court over years old dental bills, salary reductions, and changes in living arrangements for the kids speaks to their ability to agree, and hence their relationship.

The overpayment is a "gift"????? Last time I gave a gift, I voluntarily gave it. It wasn't made pursuant to a court order and the FRO didn't have to provide it to the person I wanted to have it. What a joke of an argument that is!!!

Too bad the mom can't just accept the fact that she shouldn't be getting support for a child she doesn't live with, effective from the time the child ceased to live with her.

Instead she has to root out old dental bills, long ago paid, causing the dad to counter by introducing salary reductions, the suffering for which also happened long ago. What a mess.

At minimum you will be given credit for overpayments since the date of your application, but jeez, wouldn't it nice if you could just settle the damn thing without legal intervention and move on? Instead of worrying and stressing?
          Last edited by dadtotheend; 01-31-2009, 07:42 PM.

Comment

so we had our case conference Jan 20th. support was changed accordingly an i now pay the proper ammount according to the tables.

i however, have to put together a detailed list of the calculations of the overpayments i've maid regarding the two children that live with me. I figure she owes me a little over 6,000. Ya right, i'll see all of that (lol).

my question to the panel today is this !! my eldest son, who lives with my ex, is 18, healthy, and is enrolled in college. I never knew his course load before or his grades or anything really about it. Well the judge ordered my ex to provide me with his grades, course load ... etc.

I was served her settlement papers yesterday. She didn't provide any grades but did show me his course load for this semester. He goes to school 5 days a week. 1 hour on monday, 1 hour on tuesday, 2 hours on wed, 2 hours on thurs, and 1 hour on fri. Yep 7 hrs total, with only 2 courses. I know i must pay for him while he is in school fulltime. Is this considered full time?

Comment

A full time post secondary course load is usually at least three full credit courses.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X