Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-18-2021, 02:44 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillbreathing View Post
.Can you afford to pay him out and then cover 100% of the expenses? If yes, make him an offer. If no, put the house up for sale.
OP already said that bank will not approve her for to take over the home. It is quite an expensive home and OP has downgraded earning power from $150k to $50k. You need to be able to buy out your ex's share of the home, and be approved by bank to be solely on deed of house. OP already learned this outcome would not be possible for her. Staying in the house is not an option for OP
Old 03-27-2021, 09:00 AM

UnderPressure is on a distinguished road

In this overheated market I’m happy as a clam to be selling the matrimonial home and renting.
Old 03-30-2021, 12:47 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
In this overheated market I’m happy as a clam to be selling the matrimonial home and renting.
Until the owner of the unit boots you out because they are extracting the equity gain on their "rental property". Some families have moved almost once a year in the past 10 years because of this. No one really wants to live in a true "rental unit" that won't be sold. Bedbugs and nasty stuff in them. As well, even some of these traditional rental high rises are being taken over and converted to condos as the apartments are HUGE.
Old 04-18-2021, 03:38 PM

trueblue22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
I don't want to have to rent. I don't want to be paying off someone's mortgage. If I am going to have to fight my ex I'll rather be sitting in my house as a form of leverage.

I got a third opinion from another lawyer and was advised that since I contributed to the down payment of the home I have a strong trust claim to share in the increased value since separation even if my name isn't on title. I put in about 10% of the down payment.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:55 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
I don't want to have to rent. I don't want to be paying off someone's mortgage. If I am going to have to fight my ex I'll rather be sitting in my house as a form of leverage.

I got a third opinion from another lawyer and was advised that since I contributed to the down payment of the home I have a strong trust claim to share in the increased value since separation even if my name isn't on title. I put in about 10% of the down payment.
If your ex has as much money as you say... his PI has already figured out it is you posting this message and they are basically going to crush you. Trust me... 90% of the high income earners now pay for a proper deep internet search to find gems like this. OttawaDivorce is well known to the high-end family law industry. Trust me... others have been located on this site. AI engines can find lots of cool stuff... I know...
Old 04-19-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
If your ex has as much money as you say... his PI has already figured out it is you posting this message and they are basically going to crush you. Trust me... 90% of the high income earners now pay for a proper deep internet search to find gems like this. OttawaDivorce is well known to the high-end family law industry. Trust me... others have been located on this site. AI engines can find lots of cool stuff... I know...
I don't think he'll spend the time and money to look up on divorce forums if I'm posting anything on here.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:46 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
I don't think he'll spend the time and money to look up on divorce forums if I'm posting anything on here.

I know two posters on here where their ex found them and used the posts in court filings. And they arent private investigator people. I hadnt thought of that Tayken and now it brings this case to a whole new level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2021, 11:14 PM

OB1 is on a distinguished road

If your third lawyer said u have a claim
On the increased value since the date of separation I would be surprised. If his name is only on title You would only be entitled to the amount as of the date of separation and not in the increase. Now if ur lawyer says u have Contributed to the down payment, you will need records of this. If it is only 10% I would argue ur Entitlement to only 10% of the increase in value.
Old 04-21-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
If your third lawyer said u have a claim
On the increased value since the date of separation I would be surprised. If his name is only on title You would only be entitled to the amount as of the date of separation and not in the increase. Now if ur lawyer says u have Contributed to the down payment, you will need records of this. If it is only 10% I would argue ur Entitlement to only 10% of the increase in value.
The house was originally in both our names but since we had help with the down payment from his parents they have a lien on the property. I put in about 25% of the down payment. I transfered the title of the house to him when my ex business partner counter sued me so that I wouldn't have any assets he could claim against.

I tried to get him to agree I have a resulting trust claim on the house but his lawyer said no. My lawyer isn't sure how strong my trust claim will be.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:55 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
I know two posters on here where their ex found them and used the posts in court filings. And they aren�t private investigator people. I hadn�t thought of that Tayken and now it brings this case to a whole new level.
Hard to prove that an anonymous username is tied to a specific person. I would just flat out deny it, and laugh at the my ex if she tried to claim that I was Janus.

Even if she knew I was, that's not even close to the same thing as proving it.