No announcement yet.

Thumbing your nose at the court system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I've had cost orders go through FRO, but this judge didn't go that route. We're likely filing another contempt motion soon, so my lawyer may ask the judge to do that next time

Comment

• Originally posted by KMF View Post
      No, I've had cost orders go through FRO, but this judge didn't go that route. We're likely filing another contempt motion soon, so my lawyer may ask the judge to do that next time
      If FRO isn't working out, why put it through them? Could you not use alternative methods to collect a debt that isn't in the hands of FRO?

Comment

• I'm unaware of any other options, other than doing it privately, and that would never work. He was ordered to pay me for other things, and that goes back over two years ago. I wish there were other options, trust me

Comment

I'm unaware of any other options, other than doing it privately, and that would never work. He was ordered to pay me for other things, and that goes back over two years ago. I wish there were other options, trust me
          I'm really sorry, it sucks doesn't it? Definitely talk to your MPP if you don't think FRO is doing their jobs on this.

Comment

• It really sucks. Not only is he not paying support, but he's also not paying a penny toward extra expenses, like my son's braces and my daughter's retainer. He tried telling the judge he can't even feed himself, yet he makes over $100,000 a year. Cry me a river.

Comment

It really sucks. Not only is he not paying support, but he's also not paying a penny toward extra expenses, like my son's braces and my daughter's retainer. He tried telling the judge he can't even feed himself, yet he makes over $100,000 a year. Cry me a river.
              Does he have a lawyer?

What would the pending contempt be about? I'm curious for my own reasons.....PM me if you like.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X