This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation date

What determines the separation date if your spouse will not agree to one? We've both been to lawyers but he won't agree to a separation date. Heavily in denial - still thinks we can work things out although I've made it very clear - NOT going to happen.

Separation Date (part 2)

I should also include we're sleeping in separate rooms, leading separate lives, just sharing the same house until financial arrangements settled. Also, he refuses to move out. If I were to move out, he would not make any efforts to sell house or provide any assistance (ie keep clean for potential buyers)

Comment

This is indeed a tricky issue as there is no "definitive" way to prove your date or his. I suspect that a judge may rule based on the documentation provided, if that were possible to do, (IE: witness/family accounts via sworn affidavits, etc), or to take a med-point date between yours and his.

Comment

As soon as you decided you were separated and TOLD him so you were separated even though he is in denial. That is a legality. Mark it on your calendar and make sure your lawyer documents it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X