This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a local support group?

is there a local support group in ottawa...where i can get some emotional support, exchange experiences, comparing notes..etc.. thx.

Support groups

If you are looking for a support group for yourself you can always give your local shelter a call and they should be able to direct you. If you are looking for a support group for children, you should check to see if your area offers an exceptional program called Rainbows. You may also be able to find support at your local church. But if all else fails, call your family doctor and or health unit and they should be able to give you some help too.
    Good Luck with your search, but remember, no matter how bad it feels now, just remember that there is someone else out there that has it worst. And keep smiling, things always get worst before they get better.

Comment

I think the best support groups these days are online.
      There is probably one or more people on this forum who live near you, why not post a notice and maybe meet up with some for coffee and a chat?

Comment

Julie,

I think this is the greatest support group right here. Everyone so helpful and respectful. I've looked for others on line, but post get nasty. Who needs that when your already stressed going through a separation/divorce.

I've learned more about Family Law, from these posts, particularly Logicalvelocity's, than I have from my own lawyers, and he doesn't sent me a huge bill at the end of the month!!!

Keep on posting, we can all learn from each others experiences.

Comment

Yes I agree this is a great place for support. Just post your question or concern and someon will be able to assist. And yes someone might live in your local area that you can meet up with for support. Or they might suggest a support group for you in your area.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X