Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I schedule a Settlement Conference or does the Judge do it???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I schedule a Settlement Conference or does the Judge do it???

Basic details....
    • Both parties are self represented;
    • Proceeding to first "Motion", focusing on retroactive child support only;
    • After the CS issue is finalized, there will be a few minor details that need to be clarified in the court order...
    Can I go into the family court office and schedule a settlement conference (dated after the Motion) for all of these other issues... or do I have to wait until the Judge presiding over the Motion to schedules it?

Did you already file your motion? YOu can ask in the motion itself for procedural guidence from the court. Meaning You want to know how to move forward, if you can schedule a Settlement Con or should. I am readinga new book anyone thats going in self or unrepresented needs a copy. I am about halfway through, the book costs $20 at bookstores but can get cheaper online....Called Tug of War written by Mr. Justice Harvey Brownstone, he currently presides at the North Toronto Family COurt.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X