X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Hearted--He took everything???

This is my situation---
    I've been living common-law for ten years, the relationship soured when both parties were injured at work and meds and alcohol---turned my partner into a complete monster--verbal abuse--emotional abuse--really just destroyed everyone around him--anyway--he walked out the door--telling me to pay everything--the house we shared is in his name because he destroyed my credit---I gave him a personel loan of $30.000.00 to open a business that went south after only six months--this debt was never repaid--but it's been nine years--he just sold a $15.000.00 boat that he didn't pay a cent for and he kept the money and paid his bills---neither was a $12.000.00----407 bill--so here I sit alone broke--no credit--can't even have my own car-- and not sure what to do---I have paid everything--house insurance---renovation costs--morgage payments--and now I don't know what to do--walk away with nothing--I'm on a pension-- have a son living with me---two other kids that are teenagers that just had babies---my family won't speak to me because they say I was stupid to give someone so much--
    Am I doomed to loose everything here--or is there an ounce of hope that I can recover monies from everything I gave this man---If anyone can steer me in the right direction--I know I need to get to legal aid--but is there a chance I can stay in this house--or can he throw me and my son out---I just need to know that maybe I can recover some of my looses.
    Please don't tell me I was a complete fool---
    Many Thanks For Any Advice

He can't just throw you out, so feel better about that. Get your financials together, go get legal aid and credit counselling.

Comment

If I stop paying the morgage--because he sold my boat that he didn't contribute to--and kept the money--can he throw me out then??
      What does it take for him to have me removed from the house??

Comment

Assuming you have documentation that you have been paying the mortgage, he most certainly can't just throw you out. You are in effect renting the place from him if it is entirely in his name, is the mortgage in his name as well?

Your best bet for the moment until you get some legal advice is to continue to pay the mortgage. He may not be able to throw you out but the bank can decide to foreclose if nobody is paying, which doesn't help either of you at all.

Comment

Sounds like you need to get some counselling for a lot of the issues you present. Your emotional well being needs attention as well.

Comment

I'm in couselling now--trying to sort things out--

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X