No announcement yet.

Counter offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His formal offer to settle: "His offer puts him just under 40%. He wants to pay zero daycare and cut his support payment almost in half. So no, he's not asking for 50/50."

Can't get much clearer unless the poster scans and posts the actual letter.

Comment

That just his offer tho - you should always offer less than what you are asking for. If he is offering to settle for less than 40% then Ange would accept as she would get full child support. He is also proposing that child support end at age of 18 as part of that offer - which Ange won't accept. Ange wants less than 40% and CS past age of 18. THis doesn't mean that he is not seeking over 40% on motion/trial.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        His formal offer to settle: "His offer puts him just under 40%. He wants to pay zero daycare and cut his support payment almost in half. So no, he's not asking for 50/50."

Can't get much clearer unless the poster scans and posts the actual letter.
        Says quite clearly on her first post that the letter asked for 50/50 ... also all throughout her posts... I just don't want to be quoting all day.....I figured her first post wss enough. Lol

Comment

Angie has written stuff like the following all throughout her threads..
          I have a hard time just saying here have your kids 50/50 after what he's been doing to me
          But now he's never asked for 50/50?

Okay .. I'll play the game ... he's never asked for 50/50. Lol

In the end ... I truly hope it all works out for you Angie. You honestly don't sound like a bad person. You've somehow got some great ppl here wrapped around your finger so perhaps you will do well in court after all.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
            Beat out of submission for an equal relationship with his children. Good job ... you win Ange. Happens all the time. If I was the dad I wouldn't have given up. More dads should follow suit IMO.

On the other hand .. I agree with your position on all the expenses stuff when kids are older. Stick to your guns on that. Just not denying an equal relationship. That was garbage.
            You don't know what's going through this father's head. You wouldn't have given up, and more dads shouldn't, but he did. What does that tell you about his motivation? It sounds like his lawyer was the one pushing for 50-50 in the first place, probably as a standard negotiation technique of always asking for more than you want.

As for the matter at hand, accept the parts of his offer that you can live with, and counter-offer the parts you can't accept with a reasonable setup, like, say, following the law for when CS ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
              You don't know what's going through this father's head. You wouldn't have given up, and more dads shouldn't, but he did. What does that tell you about his motivation? It sounds like his lawyer was the one pushing for 50-50 in the first place, probably as a standard negotiation technique of always asking for more than you want.

As for the matter at hand, accept the parts of his offer that you can live with, and counter-offer the parts you can't accept with a reasonable setup, like, say, following the law for when CS ends.
              He even moved closer to kids school .. That tells me quite a bit about his motivation Rioe.
              He probably knew status quo wasn't in his favor....and moms recording kids, and not budging.

He probably just didn't want to put the kids through a huge war over a few % increase to 50/50. Mom was willing to unfortunately. Lets just not pretend he never asked for 50/50 .. geez.

Comment

Let it go!!!

Comment

He even moved closer to kids school .. That tells me quite a bit about his motivation Rioe.
                  He probably knew status quo wasn't in his favor....and moms recording kids, and not budging.

He probably just didn't want to put the kids through a huge war over a few % increase to 50/50. Mom was willing to unfortunately. Lets just not pretend he never asked for 50/50 .. geez.
                  You do realize that Ange is not going to accept his offer right? (there is a reason why he wrote it that way).

Comment

he probably got a better deal on a home that happened to be closer to the kid's school.

he probablyfigured that as long as he has to take the kids sometimes he would save money on gas by moving closer to the kid's school

he probably moved closer to the kid's schools just to annoy the mother.

and so on.......

I can "speculate" just as well as you can.... L O L

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                      Go back and read that post. The agreement expired and he was supposed to update cs. HE DIDN'T. When pressed to update, he asked for 50/50.

Now that he's mired in the case, he's STILL asking to pay less and have less time.

Like I said LF 32, not the case for your soap box, let it go.

This is accurate. The lawyer sent me a proposed agreement back then that suggested 50/50 among other things. It wasn't a formal offer to settle. This was based on his finding out he needed to increase support - or at least it corresponded with the exact time this was occurring. The ONLY formal offer I have received is the one requesting almost 40%, no daycare, drastically reduced support and obligations ending at 18. He could very well go for 50/50 in court if it goes to trial. It's on the trial list now. We mediate next week so we'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                        he probably got a better deal on a home that happened to be closer to the kid's school.

he probablyfigured that as long as he has to take the kids sometimes he would save money on gas by moving closer to the kid's school

he probably moved closer to the kid's schools just to annoy the mother.

and so on.......

I can "speculate" just as well as you can.... L O L
                        Speculation..... is most of what this site is. I agree. I'll never say im right.....but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Lol

So many posters twist facts to get what they want to hear. In this case I've pointed out so many darn inconsistencies in her story.. I'm just shocked that others refuse to see it.....or don't want to see them. They want to imagine this money hungry dad who doesn't really want to see his kids....all.money. Based on her facts ... I see something MUCH different.

Comment

Speculation..... is most of what this site is. I agree. I'll never say im right.....but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Lol

So many posters twist facts to get what they want to hear. In this case I've pointed out so many darn inconsistencies in her story.. I'm just shocked that others refuse to see it.....or don't want to see them. They want to imagine this money hungry dad who doesn't really want to see his kids....all.money. Based on her facts ... I see something MUCH different.

Considering that my partner was seen as a money grubbing deadbeat in the beginning I would be a chief player in the camp of "dads are awesome" (I still am btw) and at the start I questioned the motives this poster had. Things have changed though. His offer to settle is bs. You never would have offered that even as broke as you were. There are plenty of dads on here who would not have offered/settled either. His offer is about money plain and simple. Stop trying to argue differently because its not going to work. Any parent wanting to see their kids would have put forward an offer with full support for 50/50. This guy wants to reduce support, reduce daycare, stop paying at 18 regardless of what the kids are doing AND asked for less than 40%.

Come on LF32, let it go already.

Comment

I have nothing against Angie. She's well-versed and seems like a great person/parent. I just don't think it would have killed her to at least try an equal relationshi when dad requested it. Sorry if my opinion upsets some .. but I don't think I'm being too crazy here.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                              Considering that my partner was seen as a money grubbing deadbeat in the beginning I would be a chief player in the camp of "dads are awesome" (I still am btw) and at the start I questioned the motives this poster had. Things have changed though. His offer to settle is bs. You never would have offered that even as broke as you were. There are plenty of dads on here who would not have offered/settled either. His offer is about money plain and simple. Stop trying to argue differently because its not going to work. Any parent wanting to see their kids would have put forward an offer with full support for 50/50. This guy wants to reduce support, reduce daycare, stop paying at 18 regardless of what the kids are doing AND asked for less than 40%.

Come on LF32, let it go already.
                              If it was about money to the father then he would have also (in addition to his offer w.r.t education) proposed 50-50 with offset child support - not less than 40% with _full_ child support. I think he's just mocking and taunting Ange with his offer.

By the way, the trial judge doesn't get to see offers until the trial has concluded.

He is asking for 50-50 in his application.

saying the father should propose 50-50 with no offset is no different than saying the mother should accept less than 40% with full child support and give up educational gaurantees. One parent gets disadvantaged financially either way.
                              Last edited by trinton; 06-30-2017, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
                                If it was about money to the father then he would have also (in addition to his offer w.r.t education) proposed 50-50 with offset child support - not less than 40% with _full_ child support. I think he's just mocking and taunting Ange with his offer.

By the way, the trial judge doesn't get to see offers until the trial has concluded.

He is asking for 50-50 in his application.

saying the father should propose 50-50 with no offset is no different than saying the mother should accept less than 40% with full child support and give up educational gaurantees. One parent gets disadvantaged financially either way.

No, he is not asking for 50/50 in his application.
                                Also, he did not ask for almost 40% with full support. He asked for almost 40% but with a significantly reduced CS and wants to eliminate the daycare payment.
                                Side note: we just had mediation, which failed. I offered week on week off in the summers to keep the school year schedule somewhat similar. He declined the 50/50 summer because "it doesn't work in his schedule". I also offered a consistent pattern-like school year schedule that was very close to the amount he is seeking (around 40%) but he declined again because it doesn't use all of HIS days off. He doesn't want to ever use daycare. He thinks if he can make the access schedule cater perfectly to his work schedule then it justifies not paying for his kids in daycare. I told him it shouldn't be all about him. I have plenty of days off that I don't have the kids and by that logic I should see them every single weekend since those are my only days off.
                                He left saying he'd speak to his employer about it but I am doubtful he is going to consider the kids instead of himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X