X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what children's aid is doing for my family

Home - Children's Aid does not help children

Well I don't know about that - but I find them to be an impotent nuisance that can really do nothing more than observe and make sure no child is hit. physically.

emotional abuse seems to be ok with them...
    like step dad tellinf KID his bio dad doesn't love him.
    thats an ok thing to do.....
    or at least an unactionable event to occur!

Comment

True enough Wrechedotis. Physical isn't enough either though. there needs to be marks left.
      my step kids mom used to flick the children in the mouth and spank them often (As well as the continual mental and emotional abuse) . Childrens Aid dropped the claim after maybe 1 visit. who knows. Didn't tell us much about anything. Just they'd finished the investigation.

Comment

I am a foster parent and although CAS can be quite intrusive on families that are going through divorce, i can attest to the fact that they have to work with children whom i have cared for that are severely emotionally, physically and sexually abused. They have to focus on the worse cases so as not to bog down time with less serious cases. I acknowledge that what we witness our children going through with manipulation, name calling etc is horrible, but trust me, there is much worse out there. My advice is to cooperate withthem and they will be very understanding and helpful. I wish you all the best in your journey and hope you and your children come out on the other side relatively unscathed.

Comment

of course, there is no other option as 'dad' other than to cooperate. To do otherwise would raise flags.

Too bad a child being manipulate in a emotional, and therefore social, way against 'dad', doesn't raise flags too.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X