Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common-law separation agreement- spousal support- resources?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common-law separation agreement- spousal support- resources?

Hi there;

My common-law relationship of 6 years with no kids has dissolved. We are trying to do this amicably ( ). I currently live in a home owned by him but am moving out soon.

I have been living a lifestyle with no financial concerns and he is willing to pay me spousal support until a large loan that I currently have is paid off in 18 months. In effect, he will be paying my new rent until this time.

I have asked him to have this in writing, which he has agreed to, but I don't know where to start to come up with such a document and I want it to be somewhat legally binding. Can I take a stab at this myself (a witnessed document of course) or are there any resources or templates I could use? I can't seem to find anything myself.

Any help would be appreciated from anyone.

Thanks,

Donna

ialone,

To make your separation agreement ironclad certain things have to occur such as each party has to exchange full and complete financial disclosure listing all income, assets and liabilities with one another. It is better if same is also sworn.

Each party should seek independent legal advice on the matter to ensure that they fully understand what they would be agreeing to and subsequently signing.

Jeff the owner of this forum offers a service of separation agreements and I highly recommend him.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X