This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex won't disclose education full time enrollment

My ex-wife has been refusing me when I ask her if my 2 adult sons are in school full time. Im paying CS for my 18 year old who I know isn't going to school full time and won't disclose it. My 21 year old, I have no idea if he's returned to school. Both my sons have alienated me all together. I'm paying all this support and getting no info that I should be entitled to know. I've let my lawyer know but haven't got an answer yet. I'm being told from others I'm entitled to know. I've Also told my ex that my benefits office needs full disclosure of his full time enrollment b/c he is 21 so they can continue his benefits. She hasn't responded yet and has until next week. Can someone chime in whose been in a similar situation. My ex has done a real number on my sons for the way they are treating me. That hurts the most. Paying for adult children and having no access to their lives when I've been there all their all their lives. I'm told all I can do is wait.

Ask your lawyer to bring a motion asking for disclosure.

Comment

Honestly you are entitled to proof of their enrollment and continued registration in their programs as you are helping pay for it.

It will depends on what your final separation/orders say, but I would serve notice that unless you are given evidence to the contrary you will have to assume your sons are no longer children of the marriage and no longer qualify for support.

Speaking to your lawyer is your best bet.

Comment

Speaking to your lawyer is your best bet.
        Agreed.

She is held to the strict proof of your children's status as full time students. If FRO is not involved, it would be understandable if you contemplate withholding support until proof is provided.

Both my sons have alienated me all together.
        They are adults. You are not a cash cow put out to pasture. Willful alienation by your adult sons may be grounds for termination of support, regardless of their scholastic choices.

Comment

Can you go to their school and simply ask if they are enrolled full-time? If you approach the school in a calm manner and say you would appreciate some documentation for your files you might luck out. Maybe they will give you a registration document. I realize your son is an adult and they might not give you information because of his age. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to try.

Comment

[QUOTE]"Can you go to their school and simply ask if they are enrolled full-time?'[QUOTE]

No, because they are adults you have no right to know what they are doing. I called my son's high school to find out if he was graduating last fall and due to the fact he was 18 they told me they couldn't say one way or the other.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X