Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal right to record?

Just wanted to know how legal it
    Is to record drop offs and pick ups or anytime both parties are in public together with the child? Like Hospital, Activities and or school?

It is to protect myself against the numerous false allegations being made against me .

I'd have a news crew following me if that's what it took...

Comment

There are some good spy glasses that records everything, but what you'll do if there is no sun out there...I would get a nice dog to keep bad people away.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk

Comment

You can legally record a convo that you are involved in without advising the other parties. You cannot record a convo between people that you are not involved in without their knowing and permission.

Comment

Do what you have to do. At the very least at least you have something. Do everything you can to expose the liar until somebody believes you.

Its better than doing nothing to protect yourself. Have you considered supervised access exchanges?

Comment

Buy a high quality voice recorder. Don't cheap out on this. The good ones start at around $100.

Keep it on your person at all times do NOT leave it anywhere recording. If it's on your person anything it records is something you would have heard and therefore you had to have been a part of the conversation.

There is no need to tell anyone you are recording as long as you are a part of the conversation.

Just be aware a family court judge would NOT be pleased if you tried to use this as evidence unless it was very obvious that it was for a very good reason.

The purpose of recording is to protect yourself against false allegations as you mentioned not to prove a case.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X