Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engaged does not mean much in court, you have to be aware that you are in a common law relationship, and the house is his, but seems that you have a great case for constructive trust. Receipt is the key, and do not engage in a game of motion over motion. That is child game, go straight to what you want, ie half the equity buildup depending how much you put on the house this could be more. The furniture that you bought is yours etc, you know what I mean. Good luck

Comment

what do you mean by motion over motion???

Comment

well you put a motion on and an affidavit and he will do the same with an affidavit to answer yours. So the best way is to spell it all out the first time. As we had motion for a laptop imagine the lawyer fees was more then what the laptop was worth

Comment

Thank-you...you have been very helpful....Thanks so much
          Jo-Anne

Comment

good luck and be patient court take a long time

Comment

did you file with CCRA as common law.......that could literally save your a$$ in this situation......otherwise it could come down to he said she said.......if you went into house as tenants in common then the initial downpayment is returned to the payor and the joint debt is paid then any balance is split equally after sale or evaluation of the home is complete.

Comment

Thanks My lawyer said we will be going after him for constructive trust...the equity on the house would be around 200,000 so my lawyer after all is said and done said i could get 100,000...i told him no I just want 60,000 and be done with it no spousal support or anything els...the ex is fighting me on this..he said he will win his case then procceded to take all the TV's out of the house including the stereo..i think that was to get me upset... Its not working...Thanks fro all your help

Jo

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X