This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spousal Support Calculations

Does anyone at this site have the software which will calculate spousal support?

Thanks

Spousal Support Calculations

Does anyone at this site have the software that calculates spousal support?

I have seen two lawfirms and both have different calculations.

thanks

Comment

my first lawyer charged me 125.00 for him to use the divorce mate software to figure out mine. RIP OFF!!!!

Comment

Oh, and by the way, after paying it , in court my ex's lawyer had different calculations as well

Comment

Originally posted by dumbfounded666 View Post
          my first lawyer charged me 125.00 for him to use the divorce mate software to figure out mine. RIP OFF!!!! Oh, and by the way, after paying it , in court my ex's lawyer had different calculations as well
          Sounds reasonable to me. You DO realise that there are only GUIDELINES, not hard formulas for determining spousal support? So of course different people can come up with different results.

Comment

Actually when Ive been to court its the actual DIVORCEMATE calculations that the judge wants to go by

Comment

Divorcemate incorporates the SS advisory guidelines into the calculation.

Comment

A demo CD can be had from childview. The calculations including SS amounts are on par with Divorcemate but much cheaper.

Home

Comment

even if they use the same program, the outcome will be different. There are many other factors not just your line 150 from your tax return. When I did the calculation plugging in all the factors/numbers which can modify the result I ended up with $600-$800 range, when my ex's lawyer did it she ended up with $1000-$1400. Desperatedad has the program itself and he knows everything about it, maybe you will be able to consult with him.

Comment

Originally posted by rszalai View Post
                    even if they use the same program, the outcome will be different. There are many other factors not just your line 150 from your tax return. When I did the calculation plugging in all the factors/numbers which can modify the result I ended up with $600-$800 range, when my ex's lawyer did it she ended up with $1000-$1400. Desperatedad has the program itself and he knows everything about it, maybe you will be able to consult with him.
                    lol, of course it will be higher and if they can slide and convince a judge by submission in busy motions court, all the better for their client.

Comment

As to DivorceMate... Has anyone actually purchased the full suite? After 10s of 1000 in lawyer fees and getting NOWHERE... It's gotta be better to pay for some pricey software, do the research/reading and represent oneself. But looking at their website it's confusing as to who they'll sell to and if there is (on top of the somewhat outrageous initial outlay) an annual subscription as well.

I know you don't need the software but it looks like some solid groundwork in there. But you have to enter a "firm name" in order to get past even screen one near as I can tell... Quite the racket this whole lawyering deal..

Comment

How can someone use line 150 and then use their Union Dues as a deduction and still use those union dues on their Income Tax. I would think the individual should be reported to Revenue canada

Comment

Originally posted by Looking4Answers View Post
                          How can someone use line 150 and then use their Union Dues as a deduction and still use those union dues on their Income Tax. I would think the individual should be reported to Revenue canada
                          ??????????

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
                            ??????????
                            !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is a website I found. It is BC based and I am in Nova Scotia and it was pretty accurate in my case: Calculators- Spousal Support Without Children

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X