This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommendations for child psychologist/psychiatrist

Does anyone in the Ottawa area know a good child psychologist? I believe our six year old could benefit from talking to someone about our separation and would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

i suggest that you look up resources for children's mental health in your area. With any luck, they won't have a long waiting list and will be able to assist you. Good luck.

Comment

CMG, you have mail.

Comment

Child Psychologist Resource

The Ottawa Academy of Psychologists has an extensive listing of the psychologists in Ottawa. You are able to search the directory by "population seen" : child or by "areas of practice" : divorce

I'm sure if you contact one of the members, they will be able to recommend the best person or course for your daughter.

Personally, I was a child of divorce and coped really well because I had a sister to talk about everything. But my old boss has recently gone through a seperation and has his teenage daughter (only child) in touch with a child and youth counsellor to deal with the change.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X