No announcement yet.

Settlement Conference Adjournment?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, my partners ex agreed to not go to FRO and she did even though he was paying child support (and I will also note that she collected full support for kid away in breach of their agreement). Screw the agreement, you should be filing with FRO anyway. He hasnt been paying cs at all has he?

Comment

Ohhh it is with FRO....and they are attempting to enforce...however, because he is not within our country, FRO cannot enforce by way of garnishing government income (ie pension, income tax refund, GST). the only thing FRO can do is file with jurisdiction when EX lives and request them to enforce.....I am waiting to have a final order so that numbers and amounts do not get lost in translation before we file an ISO. He has not paid CS and is in arrears majorly. what goes around come around. I just want it to stop now. Be over and done with. I am trying to play by the rules, even though some of the rules kill me to follow, and I still feel like I am failing. We have both moved of with our personal lives, why continue to play games?! Sooo frustrating.

Comment

I have another question. I filed my documents and now I wait until Wednesday. With a settlement conference, will I get a chance to verbalize to the judge as to why I didn't agree to adjournment? Or will this strictly be Judge reads docs, and hears reason for adjournment (as ex's lawyer stated they will ensure judge knows that I am the reason adjournment didn't happen) and then rules?
        Should I be preparing a statement? Don't wanna get caught with my pants down so to speak.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X