Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BILLM - Lots of really good stuff there... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post
      Note that for CS, your ex should have life insurance as well.

Also for SS, if support is 'forever', and you need to have a policy, then she should also have a policy to cover SS to you in the event of her death in the case where you require her support.

Regarding SS and life insurance - I have a time limited very specific SS agreement. My SA states that upon death of either, the SS obligation ceases.

I think that for SS purposes, the receiver should have to buy the policy on you.
      Am I reading this correctly...if someone is paying SS, the divorce act/laws/etc are fine and dandy that it is continued to be paid past the payors death? That just sounds ridiculous.

A $180,000 CS life insurance policy should only cost about $20-$40 a month. Plus you should return demand she carries the same policy in the event of her death you would become sole custody parent and require CS from her (or her estate).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X