This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update

Hi everyone, well i thought id update as to whats been going on with me. My ex FINALLY gave me his address! So now i can properly file and serve him. though i am going to verify it first before i send anything at all. he and i had a conversation online a few days ago, it went well til i asked about him paying support. it ended up with him calling me names, saying im stupid and am "damaging" our daughter because we fight. i dont see how an online "fight" is damaging to her at all lol. anyhoo, thats the latest on me. this time around im only asking for support and custdoy. any access is up to him to apply for.

hi browneyedgirl I was just wondering when I saw what you wrote if youve ever heard of someone using a P.O Box for an address for service. Thats what my ex-hubby is doing after hes moved to alberta....no address or home phone#.

Comment

No i havent heard of that. i dont think its a legal way of being served. from what ive been told it has to be "in person". well it seems this custdody stuff will be a lot easier for me, we had a fight and he told me "papers will never be served to him" so in that case, he will get pretty much nothing. im only applying for support and custody, if he wants to see her its his perogative.

Comment

wow.. I thought it should not be allowed for him to use a p.o box. Tomorrow i go to the court to file a motion and affidavit. he never served me any papers but i was told by alberta courts that he got an order over there haulting support for 3 months....so he lied in his affidavit of service.
        Your situation seems much clearer as you now have an address.

Comment

well yes and no, as far as clarity. he told me he wont sign them now until i send him his stuff he left behind, but even if he never replies it will go to court like last time and i should get custody granted this time right-since it will be uncontested. u should ask the court if you can serve him at the P.O. box or not first.

Comment

yes i will be speaking to the flic lawyer when i go in tomorrow. i dont have anymore money to give to a lawyer as i have to think about my kids first. they need to do their swimming, soccer and guitar lessons so i dont have $ to throw at a lawyer. will see what happens.

Comment

thats good i hope it works out for you! i dont have $ to get a lawyer but thankfully my family are able to do so for me. if it wasnt for them i dont know where id be

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X