This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife wants to return to home

My wife moved out nine month’s ago with my two children aged 5 and 9. She managed to go on welfare and live in subsidized housing. She now informed me that she wants to move back to the matrimonial home and have me evicted. Can she do that?
    We did have a case conference scheduled for November 23/05 but when we got there my lawyer told me it wasn’t confirmed and a new one is scheduled for February 22/06. I was pretty upset about this since I just want to get this over with. I ended up firing my Lawyer since his bill went up to 6000.00 dollars in a matter of a month or so.
    My wife is trying to get me for everything she can; my home was purchased 6 years prior to my marriage with my father who has since passed away. She now is claiming that the house is solely owned by me even thou my father 1984 will states clearly that everything is left to my mom. Her lawyer is saying we want proof that’s the last will and testament. Well there is no other and I really don’t want to have my mom probate the will yet. My realtor lawyer told me that some lawyers wouldn’t probate if three years have gone by since my dads passing. I’m hoping a signed affidavit stating it’s my dad’s last will is enough.
    I haven’t started paying her spousal support, this really worries me, because she has no intention of going back to work, and this would really ruin me. Will I have to back pay all the spousal support with interest?
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X