X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bren

Hello there
    I need some advice for my fiance. He is supporting his 12 yr old and soon to be 15 yr old. His 15 yr old moved out of mothers home just over a month ago and moved in with maternal grandparents. Tim has no issues supporting his children but child support being what it may means that he is giving money to his ex wife to support a child . a court order has two ends. money is to go to where the child is and exspouse is to pay this. the way we see it is he should be paying half to his ex for his son and the other half he walks over to the grandparents and now the ex wife should have her turn on supporting the daughter as well by paying monies to her parents. If the child is no longer physically in the house, then in esssence that child support cheque becomes alimony and that is not in the court order. what legal rights does my fiance have in this case.

You would need to go back to court and get the court order changed. I believe this is what they call a material change in circumstance. I don't think your fiance would have any problems getting the courts to amending the original agreement, under these circumstances.

Good Luck

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X