This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey continues

My Crazy ex refused to accept the trial decision.As per him Mr Judge erred and he served me the notice of appeal.CAn anyone recommend a appeal lawyer who takes legal aid too.
    He is challenging almost everything .
    There are no transcripts attached with his notice but a form stating that he has requested so.

Any idea how long the whole process of appeal takes .Can I pursue my divorce ?
    Any suggestions or info about the whole process will be appreciatedd.

I am little anxious.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by sufferer View Post
    My Crazy ex refused to accept the trial decision.As per him Mr Judge erred and he served me the notice of appeal.CAn anyone recommend a appeal lawyer who takes legal aid too.
    He is challenging almost everything .
    There are no transcripts attached with his notice but a form stating that he has requested so.

Any idea how long the whole process of appeal takes .Can I pursue my divorce ?
    Any suggestions or info about the whole process will be appreciatedd.

I am little anxious.

Thanks in advance
    1. Is the other party represented on the Appeal? If not you should be way less anxious as appeals are no walk in the park and the success of them is incredibly low.

2. There should be references available at the Legal Aid Clinic on panel lawyers who take certificates for appeals in Family Law. Check with them.

3. Appeals focus on the judgement provided and errors in law. The amount of research and knowledge of case law and the Rules required to bring one forward takes a lot of work.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Also, until the appeal is heard, the order stands as written. File it with the FRO and feel free to pursue your divorce.

Comment

Thankyou tayken and NBDad

He is self represented and self centered.

I have no idea what will happen and I am trying to find a lawyer.

Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by sufferer View Post
          He is self represented and self centered.

I have no idea what will happen and I am trying to find a lawyer.

Thankyou
          More than likely with about an estimated 98% probability (just guessing based on what I have seen in Family Court) the appeal will be denied and you will be awarded costs.

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X