This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Saturday...

Another call from the OPP. No charges will be laid, but the poor officer must complete his due diligence and contact the accused to 'smooth' the matter over.

They don't get paid enough, really.

I really feel for you.

I used to get those calls all the time. But I arranged to meet with the Assistant Comissioner, who assigned a detectative to the file. I was informed that should the other party continue to contact the police in this manner he would be charged with criminal harassment. See if you can speak to someone "higher up" and explain the situation. Have your residence/contact number flagged. So next time they are contacted by your ex the responding police officer can check the notes before he/she contacts you.

Comment

The local police here fed crazy all of once. The resulting conduct and service complaint that we hit the responding officer with seems to have stopped that game.

If only I could full stop local children's aid as thoroughly. There's an alert on the ex over the sheer volume of false reports she's filed, but the still are mandated to investigate every time.

I'm to the point I smile and nod and add the new "we've closed the file. Sorry for theinconvenience to you" letter to my ever growing pile.

Comment

Speaking of growing 'piles' - I cannot believe the sheer volume of paperwork I have. I'm so sick of it. I wish I could get it all scanned onto my computer, and throw it all out.

To be honest: I'd like to burn it all (in a fire-safe bin!)

It's pretty sad; the paperwork that piles up, the files (both on and off the computer). My life was so simple before I met my ex. I'm glad I have my son, but I'd give anything to go back about 12 years.

Comment

hadenough, I could not have said it any better!! I can't believe how many boxes there are when we had relatively simple lives??? I have nine boxes that share my space in this single motel room, it is a maze that requires skill and coordination to navigate from one side of the room to the other!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X