No announcement yet.

spousal support - reasonable position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldnt mention about only a few companies using the program and that others were phasing it out. Makes it sound like you were in a job that was going to disapppear due to being obsolete.

The person in the office was in the wrong if they mentioned anything to your ex when she called.

You may have showed the ex the termination letter but did you talk about reducing CS and stopping SS. You should have maybe started legal stuff then.

You mention in your post about terminating CS but I take it you meant SS?

Comment

I thought about it, and as much as I am sure that my ex-boss may even be willing to do it, i am more than sure that ex will take that affidavit and go back to the office and try to create problems for my ex-boss or have him fired based on such affidavit.
      Fired for what?

If you can show damages here, ie. lost wages due to slander...you could actually sue her.

Not to mention that by doing nothing about this type of conduct, you set-up a precedence by which she may think she could do it again.

If I were you, I'd be worried about your next job too if this is what she does and you do nothing about it. I guarantee you that if my ex walked on to my job and did this nonsense, he'd be getting sued...period.
      Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 08-23-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
        I wouldnt mention about only a few companies using the program and that others were phasing it out. Makes it sound like you were in a job that was going to disapppear due to being obsolete.

The person in the office was in the wrong if they mentioned anything to your ex when she called.

You may have showed the ex the termination letter but did you talk about reducing CS and stopping SS. You should have maybe started legal stuff then.

You mention in your post about terminating CS but I take it you meant SS?
        Yes an email was sent to her requesting her position on CS & SS given the new circumstances, she never responded. actually i went to see duty counsel at the time and she advised that I can claim SS (which i dont think would have gotten anywhere so i did not proceed with that) but i did send that information via email. and i think she got scared to having to pay me and ran to quit her job.

Yes i did mean to say termination of SS and not CS. I will have to find a way to continue giving CS according to my new income.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
          If I were you, I'd be worried about your next job too if this is what she does and you do nothing about it. I guarantee you that if my ex walked on to my job and did this nonsense, he'd be getting sued...period.
          this is a good argument right here. but suing her would lead nowhere most civil suits for these kind of things get thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
            Yes an email was sent to her requesting her position on CS & SS given the new circumstances, she never responded. actually i went to see duty counsel at the time and she advised that I can claim SS (which i dont think would have gotten anywhere so i did not proceed with that) but i did send that information via email. and i think she got scared to having to pay me and ran to quit her job.

Yes i did mean to say termination of SS and not CS. I will have to find a way to continue giving CS according to my new income.
            It would have been nice if she would have been a stand up type of person and worked with you on it. I really wish you luck on this.

Piece of advice, dont give your ex a heads up on what you may do. As you stated, once you told that that you may be able to claim SS, she quit to try and avoid it. You know what she is like now so play your cards close to your chest from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
              this is a good argument right here. but suing her would lead nowhere most civil suits for these kind of things get thrown out.
              Keep telling yourself this, and then keep complaining that you get no protection from the courts.

File for a restraining order based on physical harrassment at your place of work that threatens your employment. There is no reason why this should not be issued.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                Keep telling yourself this, and then keep complaining that you get no protection from the courts.

File for a restraining order based on physical harrassment at your place of work that threatens your employment. There is no reason why this should not be issued.
                would that be covered under bill 168???

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post

Actually this suing part I state based on experience, I had digital evidence of libel i.e. email, I had digital evidence of allegations of assault being false i.e. video of where i was & email plus the accuser on tape stating "my fault was i didnt make a good story" despite such compelling evidence and much more, on the first case conference the judged bullied me to have my case withdrawn. here is how she did it.

While she agreed on principal that my claim had its merits and I could prove that the accuser had malicious intent in "some" of her actions, i should withdraw the case because
                  1- its not in the best interest of the child. i.e. emotional blackmail
                  2- if i dont withdraw she will give a restraining order against me (this is something even the accuser did not request originally!) (judicial bullying)
                  3- the accuser has no job, so even if i win, i wont get a dime. (likely true)

I was shocked at the restraining order threat, the judge sent me outside to think about it for 5 minutes, I went out to think about it and realized the judge's strategy. i.e. restraining order results in
                  1- future prejudice against me in the case, specially because the next judge will consider that despite the applicant not asking for a restraining order the judge ordered it, i must be very dangerous person;
                  2- no direct or indirect communication except through counsel, she knew I had no job and cannot afford counsel, legal aid wont be given because its a divorce case, hence since we cannot exchange affidavits & so on, i will have no option but to withdraw the case.

quite frankly i was intimidated and shaken by the judge's bullying and realized the above and thus agreed to withdraw my claim. this resulted in no restraining order, i.e. if i was dangerous the judge should have given a restraining order despite me withdrawing my claim, thereby verifying my thesis of judicial bullying.
                  Last edited by sahibjee; 08-26-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

mess & standing on the sidelines, what do you consider a reasonable position on spousal support given the circumstances described in the first post

Comment

This story just gets more and more fantastic in my opinion.

Comment

sahibjee

Please don't get me wrong, this is just an on-the-side comment, but in reading your posts here, I get the impression that you are obsessing with each and every detail of your dispute with your ex. This can't be very good for your health?

You do realize that there is only so much that you can expect from the courts, and although you want justice (as we all do) you cannot control every little thing. May I suggest a hobby, fishing, yoga, art classes, something relaxing?

I do hope that things work out for you

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
                          sahibjee

Please don't get me wrong, this is just an on-the-side comment, but in reading your posts here, I get the impression that you are obsessing with each and every detail of your dispute with your ex. This can't be very good for your health?

You do realize that there is only so much that you can expect from the courts, and although you want justice (as we all do) you cannot control every little thing. May I suggest a hobby, fishing, yoga, art classes, something relaxing?

I do hope that things work out for you
                          Thank you very much for your care Janibel, hopefully once my case is resolved i will be able to make more positive contributions to the forums. :-)

Comment

Not to worry - divorce has some weird side-effects and makes even the sanest person feel like the sky is falling! It does get better, one day at a time. Don't let it consume you

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
                              How is this even useful? Waste of post space for someone needing advice.
                              It's called humour. Laughter does wonders for your health.

It has been suggested to you a number of times, that you put Tayken on your ignore list, since you seem to be unable to resist snarking at his every post. Perhaps if you are unable to see the posts, it will be easier for you to restrain yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                                It's called humour. Laughter does wonders for your health.

It has been suggested to you a number of times, that you put Tayken on your ignore list, since you seem to be unable to resist snarking at his every post. Perhaps if you are unable to see the posts, it will be easier for you to restrain yourself?
                                Since that post was five days ago, I fail to see how bringing it up now is helpful either but since you seem to want a response, here it is.

This overgeneralization of me "snarking at his every post" is absurd. Quite frankly if I responded to every post of his, I would be a very busy woman indeed. Since some here love research, here are the numbers. His stats say he posts five times a day on average. I am at 1.8. Statistically impossible that I snark every post.

What is amazing is how many times he has replied to my own posts where the topic has nothing to do with him. Simply because he is passive aggressive with his expert subtle jabs does not mean they do not exist. I ignore many of Tayken's posts that I find ludicrous. The ones I comment on do not call names and have not been edited lately.

I see others are finally calling him on his exaggerations too.

C'est la vie.
                                Last edited by SadAndTired; 08-27-2013, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X