Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:47 AM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

daycare is doing the right thing.

handle your shit.

everything you say is a power play. what do you need to talk to daycare for? does your child have special needs that only YOU can address?

My ex was in the exact same position as you. And did exactly the same thing. The result was that the owner of the preschool told me "wow, looks like you have your hands full". We're going to resolve stuff eventually- and he will likely be picking her up from school. But he did a huge disservice to himself trying to assert himself while there were criminal charges of assault against him.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
I have learned in legal situations that most cases do not go to trial when a crown attorney does not feel they can win. This includes charges of assault with a weapon.
EVEN in cases where they can win and want to set a precedent- they always offer plea deals. The fact that the OP says he's going to trial makes me think there's more to this.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:14 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
EVEN in cases where they can win and want to set a precedent- they always offer plea deals. The fact that the OP says he's going to trial makes me think there's more to this.
yes but many innocent people will not take a plea deal and let it go to trial to clear their name. The poster could be innocent, guilty as hell or somewhere in between....we do not know.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
yes but many innocent people will not take a plea deal and let it go to trial to clear their name. The poster could be innocent, guilty as hell or somewhere in between....we do not know.
stupid innocent people might do this. but even stupid people will get enough advice to take a plea deal that does not leave them with a criminal record- which, unless the individual is a repeat offender - always appears to be the mandate of the crown . From the criminal proceedings I've viewed and were exposed to at legal clinics, the crown does not waste their time with cases of he-said-she-said unless the credibility of the victim >>> credibility of the accused AND there's sufficient evidence.

Where there's even a whiff of lack of credibility for the victim- the crown will withdraw the file if pressured by a good defense attorney.

My suspicion though is that many people just end up taking crappy plea deals when they don't really need to.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:59 AM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

OP I am with you when you say there are many people who have been falsely accused, you are not the first and wont be the last. many feminist types on here will assume you are guilty just because the feminist police charged you.

My own case was going to go to trial, that is until i by sheer luck found a video made by the accuser. she had accused me of hitting her on a certain date and time at a certain location, the video showed me at being in a totally different location playing with my son at the time of the accusation. guess what happened to the charges? so many presumptious people here had to eat their own words.

As for the child, i feel you being powerless, you have the right to information, if you really want to go for it then you can seek an order from the family court for the child care centre to release you information over the email. but i'd say she's two and while it sucks that you wont get her day to day information, it is better to keep your sanity and let this one go.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:29 PM

CoolGuy41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker101 View Post
A couple of months ago, I was able to obtain a court order which states mother shall sign direction at daycare to permit the father to directly obtain info regarding the child.
Has she signed it?
Old 09-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Banned

jaycollins5888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You are correct. This is Canada. You are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

The daycare provider is being unreasonable. She is withholding information regarding your daughter when there is a court order entitling you to that information.

You need to first right a letter authorizing her to release the information to you, and send it to mom to sign. Then send it to daycare in an email:

"Further to our discussions, please find enclosed copy of court order of Justice Dated. Per clause 4 of this order, I am requesting enclosure regarding my child. The consent, signed by the mother, is also attached.

You may send it back to me by email, regular mail, fax, or I could pickup in person.

Thank you for your review of the email and I look forward to hearing from you soon."

If she ignored, follow up, and if doesn't give to you, reach out to their manager and file a complaint. Also bring it up with the judge at your next court date.

You should persure joint custody so you don't have these issues with daycares and other 3rd party service providers. I imagine mom never even consulted with you on this daycare and you never had an opportunity to meet her and agree to her services.

I had my fair share of dealing with mother-aligned daycare providers as well. I eventually got the OCL involved, they confirmed daycare alignment with mom. Later in court, I got the right of first refusal. What happens is that your ex goes to daycare and creates a monster out of you and daycare believed her word for word and will in turn treat you like a monster.

You seem like a pretty reasonable guy to me.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:48 PM

seeker101 is on a distinguished road

I appreciate the suggestions you guys made but I sense the wait is finally over as the trial concluded a couple months ago and decision is likely to be released next month.

Where I have waited a little over 2 years with this charge hanging over me, let it be another month... Sigh!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 10:54 PM

seeker101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycollins5888 View Post
I imagine mom never even consulted with you on this daycare and you never had an opportunity to meet her and agree to her services.
This is exactly right!

Also, will update you guys once the criminal matter decision is released.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Banned

jaycollins5888 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
This is exactly right!

I already knew that. They never do. You'd be lucky to even be listed on the school emergency contact list by these type of exe's!

Quote:
This is exactly right!
Also, will update you guys once the criminal matter decision is released.
Wish you well bro! Even if you get convicted, which I doubt will be the case, you should still fight for your kids! You don't sound like a criminal to me!