Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:51 PM

Lolita123 is on a distinguished road

I like the statements that talk about if both parents can afford it then gezzzz just think of the best interest of the child in this situation.. Unfortunately, we deal with 2 big issues... the law (which I keep arguing that those guidelines have to be reviewed) and also unreasonable people... I am separated and my spouse also... I also have children from a previous relationship and I have a very reasonable ex spouse... We put the children not first... but have their best interest at heart and they are in sports... 1 is in cheerleading and the other in diving... for both of them... in a year... my share is $1200... so about $100 a month... We do not pay any support to one another, we are 50/50 custody. My new spouse has his children every other weekends, 50/50 over summer and goes for a visit once a week (she lives 1 hour away).

He pays $1286 a month in child support (based on her having 100% of the time the children.. thank you guidelines) and she receives $1000 a month from CCB+Provincial benefits... ) plus her work income is $1200 per pay... so a NET income of approx. $4600 NET a month.. plus other low income benefits that she gets... in her mind, my new spouse is responsible to pay 73% of the cost of baseball.. it lasts only a few weeks.. and it's $130! In her mind... that is part of section 7... even after showing her that it's not... That whole section 7 (apart for medical, school etc.. ) is an issue... especially when you deal with someone who will not hesitate to have the children 'pay' just to prove her point... which his wrong...

She gave us all the excuses in the book... I don't want to sign him up on weekend stuff.. ok we found a 2 nights a week... then It was I don't have the money right now I have to change my breaks... we offered to pay and deduct it by $30 on the CS payment... nop... she won't go for that.. that is when she brought up that he was responsible to pay above an beyond the CS...

I agree that people need to stop arguing over every dollar but when you are in a position that a person clearly is not using the money for the children... it becomes a frustrating situation since the system allows it...
Old 03-22-2018, 01:42 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

My partners ex makes double what he makes and with cs shes over 100k a year. She INSISTS they split things that are $20 or $25 or $100 because “it adds up quickly” and they “must do what’s best for the children”. As I always say unreasonable people will never see it reasonably.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:05 PM

Lolita123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolita123 View Post
I like the statements that talk about if both parents can afford it then gezzzz just think of the best interest of the child in this situation.. Unfortunately, we deal with 2 big issues... the law (which I keep arguing that those guidelines have to be reviewed) and also unreasonable people... I am separated and my spouse also... I also have children from a previous relationship and I have a very reasonable ex spouse... We put the children not first... but have their best interest at heart and they are in sports... 1 is in cheerleading and the other in diving... for both of them... in a year... my share is $1200... so about $100 a month... We do not pay any support to one another, we are 50/50 custody. My new spouse has his children every other weekends, 50/50 over summer and goes for a visit once a week (she lives 1 hour away).

He pays $1286 a month in child support (based on her having 100% of the time the children.. thank you guidelines) and she receives $1000 a month from CCB+Provincial benefits... ) plus her work income is $1200 per pay... so a NET income of approx. $4600 NET a month.. plus other low income benefits that she gets... in her mind, my new spouse is responsible to pay 73% of the cost of baseball.. it lasts only a few weeks.. and it's $130! In her mind... that is part of section 7... even after showing her that it's not... That whole section 7 (apart for medical, school etc.. ) is an issue... especially when you deal with someone who will not hesitate to have the children 'pay' just to prove her point... which his wrong...

She gave us all the excuses in the book... I don't want to sign him up on weekend stuff.. ok we found a 2 nights a week... then It was I don't have the money right now I have to change my breaks... we offered to pay and deduct it by $30 on the CS payment... nop... she won't go for that.. that is when she brought up that he was responsible to pay above an beyond the CS...

I agree that people need to stop arguing over every dollar but when you are in a position that a person clearly is not using the money for the children... it becomes a frustrating situation since the system allows it...

ON a side note.. His son is still not enrolled in baseball cause she doesn't have any money but she just purchased and financed a $19,000 car! Ridiculous! So sad for the children in those situation.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:58 AM

thh1 is on a distinguished road

I have the same situation where my ex is not allowed to register kids in sports program under my parenting time. Any suggestion?

Tags
extracurricular, music, section 7 expenses, sport