No announcement yet.

Will this ever end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why hasen't your lawyer suggested to you to ask for power of attorney regarding your Ex's affairs?

A power of attorney (POA) or letter of attorney is a written authorization to represent or act on another's behalf in private affairs, business, or some other legal matter, sometimes against the wishes of the other. The person authorizing the other to act is the principal, grantor, or donor (of the power).

His changed behavior is a medical fact since his accident, there should be no problem for you to assume the family's financial welfare? You could easily prove that he is not able to make sound decisions due to his brain damage...

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
      Why hasen't your lawyer suggested to you to ask for power of attorney regarding your Ex's affairs?

A power of attorney (POA) or letter of attorney is a written authorization to represent or act on another's behalf in private affairs, business, or some other legal matter, sometimes against the wishes of the other. The person authorizing the other to act is the principal, grantor, or donor (of the power).

His changed behavior is a medical fact since his accident, there should be no problem for you to assume the family's financial welfare? You could easily prove that he is not able to make sound decisions due to his brain damage...
      I don't think he or the court would accept a spouse who is the process of divorcing the person as a power of attorney. I am thinking he would need a family member to be his power of attorney.

Comment

You are just complaining because your issue isn't resolved. Your issue is just going through the processes.

Eventually,
        -They will impute an income
        -They will get you a restraining order and supervised access
        -They will probably seize his assets/money since he has shown he isn't going to cooperate with making support payments.

There is no injustice, you are just complaining that things aren't resolved.

As for moving, file a motion ask for permission to move. If you are in a low-employment area and want to move to a hight employment area and your ex is not visiting with the kids they will not deny you.

Comment

It boggles my mind why your lawyer hasn't received an Interim Order for Spousal Support. Again, what Orders (if any) do you have in place? Surely you must have at least an Interim Order for Child Support?

Comment

Yes an interim CS order was made which he did not pay for 8 mos. The judge was angry about that when we went to court and threatened him with severe consequences if he did not pay it within 5 days . He paid it. That was a long time ago. He is now several months in behind then out of the blue will make a partial payment. Has never yet paid on time and owes interest as well. I have been to the Ombudsman. Exhausted from having to do this on a regular basis.
            Feeling beat up .
            Last week my parents were killed in an MVA. Kids are beside themselves. My parents were my greatest support. I feel numb and lost. Just want there to be some hope for some kind of a life for the kids and I. Probably not thinking as clearly as normal because of my parents passing.

Comment

OMG I am so terribly sorry for you. Of course you must feel lost right now. Losing both parents at once is unthinkable. You will likely find that you get strength from the fact that they encouraged you to carry on and do the best you can do. You must look after yourself even if it means taking a break from the litigation for a while. It will always be there for you to pursue later.

There will be a great life for you and your kids. It will just be a different life with different traditions and experiences. Start planning ahead for enjoyable things to do with your kids, perhaps a trip next Fall to somewhere you have never been. Having something good to look forward to doing can be a powerful antidote to immediate personal pain.

Of course you keep posting and talking as much as you'd like. Please PM me anytime.

Comment

my condolences on the passing of your parents. hang in there!

Comment

Thanks for all your support. My mother used to have a saying:
                  "The devil shits in one pile". Seems applicable . Hope he's done soon so we can move on.

So frustrating that the system moves so slowly and in doing so does such unessissary damage.

Comment

it moves slow but it will be retroactive... so don't worry about it.

My condolences for your parents.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X