This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stressed to no end

makes me wonder why i keep trying.......i have custody of the 2 kids, she pays NO child support (no judgement yet) close to $15,000.00 in debt for this friggin divorce thats been going on for 3 years..........why do i try? yes the kids but honestly, thinking of giving up

Meaning what exactly by giving up?
    It is really frustrating when you are trying and it seems nothing changes around you and you have no control whatsoever but things get better in time. Court dates cannot be canceled forever. Hang in there. Sorry that I cannot help with anything more specific.

Comment

If it means anything - I am going through the same thing with my bf's children.

80%+ custody, and the ex is collecting the CCTB while paying ZERO in child support.

It feels like the lawyers just want to drag it out as much as possible $$$.

Our lawyer didn't even believe half the stuff we told her. The ex told us via email that she was not going to sign the divorce until I apologize to her for what, I don't even know.

"When I get a verbal apology from *my name*, then I will sign the paper that you so desperately desire" - her exact words

We showed our lawyer, who then said "No, there must just be something in the terms that she doesn't agree with. Let's try to negotiate with her!"

Thousands of dollars later, the only thing we were ever able to produce was a one month custody agreement for Nov 2009.

My biggest regret was not taking it immediately to court, and allowing the lawyer to dictate to us how to handle the situation.

Well, I blame my bf for his passive ways. But there's nothing that can change my situation at hand.

Anyways, 3 years later and I believe that we are finally taking the proper steps to close this.

Things WILL work out. Keep searching until you figure out what you need to do.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by hastyrattle View Post
        makes me wonder why i keep trying.......i have custody of the 2 kids, she pays NO child support (no judgement yet) close to $15,000.00 in debt for this friggin divorce thats been going on for 3 years..........why do i try? yes the kids but honestly, thinking of giving up
        be thankful you have custody of your kids. Most of the men on this site would love to have custody of their kids or at least see them more and would not care about the child support. Not saying that you should not get it, just saying be thankful for what you have

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
          be thankful you have custody of your kids. Most of the men on this site would love to have custody of their kids or at least see them more and would not care about the child support. Not saying that you should not get it, just saying be thankful for what you have
          You are right but it sounds to me like he is just venting.

I know exactly how hard it is not receiving that support, and while it's nice to have the kids, it's also nice to be able to take them out to dinner once in a while, take them to the movies, take them shopping.

My step-kids grandmother (my mother in-law) pretty much pays for all their school supplies, clothes, and hair cuts, because we can't without increasing our VISA debt. We are very fortunate, needless to say, to have her assistance.

According to the CS calculator, we would not be going broke if the mother was paying us what is required.

And the money that the grandmother uses gets added to a 6 figure amount that we already owe her. And guess who incurred that debt while she was married to my bf?

Good times.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X