Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got laid off last week, and already had a job interview that went well, but is only step one of about 10 to get the job, and they say will take about a month before I know if I got the job. I know the manager and several others in the operation here, but got to go through the whole proccess. Problem is I can't wait a month for the whole procces as I will run out of money for my mortgage before I would get my first paycheque. I have many other offers, but all are temp contracting jobs out of town, and even one in Bangladesh. This other one is the first in a very long time here at home, and is full time. Because I have been a contractor since being back in Canada, I am not entitled to EI.

I had to chat with Revenue Canada today. They want money because they changed my tax return and doubled what I owed, not lots of money, but more than I have at the moment. But they also say they will be paying me for Child tax benefits and this will be back dated 2 years since I have custody of my kids. Big problem is they are two different departments, and they don't talk with each other.

And to top it all off, my ex did not find any funding for the Bi Lateral home assessment that she is hell bent on forcing upon the family. So I will most likely be forced to pay for the entire thing at $20K. And we still have not had a hearing to deal with her not paying child support, but am scared to go to court because I know the assessment issue will be front and center.

Oh and since the Haiti earthquake and the Tamil Refugees, my wife's immigration is being delayed. The insurance company wants my wife to get a local driver's license, but she can't until she gets residency documents. So if I go back to work, I am not sure how to get my kids around other than by taxi, which we can't afford. And the immigration issue has been a long drawn out proccess delayed because of my family law issues which prevented me from sponsoring my wife in the first place.

Well that felt good.
    Last edited by rwm1273; 09-20-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwm1273 View Post
      Well that felt good.
      Well, OK... So the 417 doesn't seem so bad all-of-a-sudden

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

I disagree...the 417 is where I imagine all the fantasies...don't take that traffic jam away as it contitutes "imaginitave play"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary M View Post

[rant]

I just moved to Kanata but work in the East end (Innes/Star Top) ... The 417 SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssss!!!!! !!!!!!

[/rant]
          Agreed! Over an hour's commute each way every day - the construction isn't helping any either. Driving home at lunch was soooo much better!

Can't complain about a whole lot in general, things are pretty decent for the most part aside from kidney stones and no time of work availale to get them dealt with. blech.

Comment

I would rather be on the 417 than drive every day on the 401. At least the 417 is relatively short.

Oh and has anyone driven the Dearfoot in Calgary recently? That road is terrible. The bridge is down to one lane south. Or how about when the lion's gate bridge in Vancouver has an accident. That really adds to one's commute.
            Last edited by rwm1273; 09-21-2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Today's rant: Wasting my time putting in effort to explain a concept or situation to a person, only to be attacked for my efforts...I'm sure all can figure out to whom I refer...

Here's a thought...

Grow the f*** up You claim to be child focused, yet then ask how to get out of having daughter involved with her dad...if I was on his end, dealing with you, I would have your ass in court in a heartbeat every time I needed anything. And I would have children's services looking into allegations of parental alienation, since you have done nothing here that counters that thought.

Then, I would ask for custody

Comment

sorry for the language, but I gave her the benefit of a bad day yesterday, and tried the peace thing today...and what'd I get for it?? same ****, different pile??

Comment

Originally posted by InterprovincialParents View Post
                  sorry for the language
                  I dig potty mouth. You GO, girl!

... DTTE rocks too!

My rant:

It's STILL going to cost thousands to settle out of court even though we're just going to end up with what's been status-quo for a year.

The f***ing pissed off part of me SO wants to go for blood so that I at least recoup my losses and maybe even have some left over for orthdontics and med school.

The compassionate parent/ex-husband in me just wants peace - for us all.

I wish Mr Pissed Off and Mr Compassionate could get their shit together and lead me in the Right Direction

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

IPP..get used to it. Being on this forum you get called all sorts of names when you are trying to help. But every once in a while you get someone to see the light and actually help them out. That's why most of us longer term members are still here..other than the 4-some of course!

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
                      IPP..get used to it. Being on this forum you get called all sorts of names when you are trying to help. But every once in a while you get someone to see the light and actually help them out. That's why most of us longer term members are still here..other than the 4-some of course!
                      I get called the names all the time anyway...I only joined the site because I am off work til next Monday and needed to do something to feel useful! I'll likely be around long-term, but will bite my tongue on handing useful advice to people who don't deserve the time or effort....

Comment

I've been called lots of stuff too, I don't really care. I acknowledge some of my posts come across pretty blunt and I tend to skip the niceties when responding to some posts after getting a general feel for the poster. Sometimes you can just tell when people don't want to hear a realistic perspective on the situation and are really just looking for someone to tell them they're right to justify what they're doing.

I must say though, there are some posters that have impressed me with their approach, open mind and willingness to learn and handling of criticism and advice - Gary M being the most recent. I think I like Gary.

Comment

There's a quite a few new members around here and several of them are making solid contributions.

It's too bad that I focused on a few bad threads recently and allowed myself to be engaged by a couple of clowns. I just can't stand it when people get all bent out of shape because they can't see past the bad feelings from break ups to do right by their kids. When I see that I come down hard. I'd like to tell you that I will change, but truth be told, it probably won't. That's my style, rightly or wrongly.

When I obtained sole custody a couple of years ago after a couple of years of separation and over a year in court and a lot of help from this board, I said to myself that I would stick around to help those behind me. I'm happy to say that I believe I have accompished that mostly. I'm also happy to have made a few internet friends. No I haven't met any of you, who knows one day we'll see one another (maybe on the golf course ).

But when one immerses oneself in affairs that are miserable, emotional and where the stakes couldn't he higher, one can get sucked into it. One loses one's patience with some folks and I have been guilty of that at times. But by and large I think I have refrained from being an asshole through and through.

Without this place, I know that I would not have been nearly as well prepared as I was when I was in the meat grinder. And as I've said in many posts, I'm a "leave no stone unturned type of guy". I thank all of you here for giving of your time and wisdom to help others and to shake down the barriers to access to a legal system monopolized by those whose primary intererest is money, not kids and for sharing of your experiences. The family law system, flawed as it is, is much better off for this place.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                            I must say though, there are some posters that have impressed me with their approach, open mind and willingness to learn and handling of criticism and advice - Gary M being the most recent. I think I like Gary.
                            Me too. Child focused, open mind, able to absorb the offered help and do what is best for his kids

Comment

Wow, thanks you guys. But I haven't done anything except seek to benefit from your wisdom: The person who deserves to be liked and patted on the back is looking back at you from the mirror.

DTTE said that he'd have been screwed but for this board and the people willing to help. I hope to be able to say the same some day soon, and then stick around to pay it forward.

Y'all ROCK, man!

Thanks,

Gary

Comment

Can I wait til she's healthier before she touches me??!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X