Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sep Agreement - reasonable time for lawyer to prepare?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sep Agreement - reasonable time for lawyer to prepare?

I contacted a lawyer almost 3 weeks ago to get a separation agreement drawn up. They couldnt' get to it because of some motion that came up, saying that they planned to get to it this week.

It will be almost 3 weeks since I provided the info? Is this reasonable? I'm getting anxious becuase the partner and I are separating by end of this month and I want to at least have a draft prepared.

She has not done any work for me by tomorrow should I "fire" her (no work done yet anyway) and find someone else or will I run into the same thing with other lawyers?

Bugs, lawyers work on there own terms. If you need a 'speedy' agreement then grease the wheels with $$ which will get the attention. I've been working thru mine since May/2008. I'm not in a rush so I not pushing. When they charge $22.50 to read/respond to each email ....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X