Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrToronto View Post
    Ministry of the Attorney general

Who can help if I think my partner is going to abduct my child?
    • If you do not have a court order that sets out the custody of and access to the child, you should speak with a lawyer right away about whether you need one, as well as an order prohibiting your partner from taking the child out of Ontario.
    • Keep your child's identification and passport in a safe place.
    • If your child is already missing, call your local police, the RCMP and the Consular Affairs Bureau (1-800-267-6788) and speak with your lawyer about what other steps can be taken to have your child returned.
    • Child Find Ontario is dedicated to helping missing and exploited children and youth in Ontario.

see how helpful the system is...
    Well .. lawyer screwed me and Im broke. Police treated me like a second class citizen and just told me I was trying to start trouble, screamed that my child was fine and waved their finger in my face. Ex made sure to take all ID, passport Immunizations, etc.

Now, I haven't tried the RCMP, Consular Affairs Bureau or Child Find Ontario. I just stopped at police figuring all other agencies would check there, see her fake victimized story and treat me the same. Know what .. doesn't hurt to try. Ill make all those calls tomorrow. I don't get the law. If I was in shackles, she was beaten then I would get it. She has no papers saying she has custody...yet she has full custody and calling all the shots. Ill never understand how that's legal. You remind me of myself Mr.Toronto. You must really love your children. I will fight within an inch of my life in this. Our little girl deserves to be considered in this.

Comment

• So I took a bit of what Rioe, Mr.Toronto and a few others and this what I came up with. Her lawyer will have a full out belly laugh Im sure. Again, not sure what my chances are. I do know that "our" child and I have rights somewhere in the system and I don't want to sell myself short.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

To: Mr. keepkidsawayfromdads,

Offer Of Settlement

Although I disagree with any allegations made towards me that unfairly deny/control access to our daughter, my major concern is ex leaving the province and immediate access being granted to me. If the child is returned to the matrimonial home on an interim basis, you can provide assurances ex won't flee the province and agree to resolve custody/access matters through mediation at the case conference on May 22nd then this Emergency Motion shall be abandoned. I am content in facilitating as much 50-50 interim access for my ex if she chooses to reside anywhere other than the matrimonial home. If residing elsewhere, with the child half the time, is her choice. I believe that is the appropriate time for offset Child Support to begin. I am in the process of preparing a separation agreement for your review. Please respond as soon as possible. Best Regards.

Add/edit/change/ ..... I need this to be perfect. Its tough because I know I deserve 50/50 but judge may find it more reasonable for something less, minimizing my chances for success. Then again, I should stick to 50/50 from the get go. Consistency right?
      Last edited by LovingFather32; 04-27-2014, 11:22 PM. Reason: changed "my" child to "our"

Comment

• First thing, probably jot a good idea to post that . You should utilize the Private Messaging.

Things I would change is:

1. " although I disagree with any allegations ......" I would say "All the allegations made towards are false. The mother never expressed any concerns with how I parent our child prior to the mother abruptly leaving without notice . "

2. "my major concern is ex leaving the province and immediate access being granted to me. If the child is returned to the matrimonial home on an interim basis, you can provide assurances ex won't flee the province and agree to resolve custody/access matters through mediation at the case conference on May 22nd then this Emergency Motion shall be abandoned." I would state " my major concern is that the mother is trying to establish a "false status quo" and plans to leave the province without my consent. The child should be returned to their matrimonial home where proper daycare is provided . See XXX "receipt or statement to prove its set up". It is in our child's best interest that both parents not reside any further then 20 min drive apart.

3. Outline a schedule based on what you want and no less. Like " we should have Joint Custody and shared residency. We can equally parent our child and this is what is in the child's best interest. ". Stuff like that.

That's all I got for now. Don't quote me on this.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well it's official. Letter sent. I know we'll still be attending Emergency Motion though. No way ex will let child be returned to matrimonial home and agree to a 50/50 schedule. Way to controlling for that. She's content repeating that she'd like my grandparents, who don't drive distances and live in another city do the exchanges/supervision.

Comment

• Originally posted by OntarioDaddyMan View Post
            First thing, probably jot a good idea to post that . You should utilize the Private Messaging.
            I agree. There's too much information coming out in public here, especially if your legal motion is ongoing. Remember, this is a public forum and anyone, including your ex, can read what you've written. There have been pairs of exes who've stalked each other on this forum before.

From what you've said, you have a tendency to share your feelings and thoughts widely on public social media. I suggest you stop. Take down any Facebook postings or tweets which refer to your marriage, your ex or your child, remove pictures of you and your ex drinking or you with your new girlfriend. Your social media profile should show no indication of what is going on. If you want to share your feelings about it, which can be therapeutic, do so privately.

Comment

• Just curious .. why would I have to take pics down of me and my new girlfriend? I get everything that may reflect the marriage, situation at hand,etc but a pic of me having a beer at 25 in university? Or pics of my new g/f and I? She's planned this for a long time .. if she wanted those old photos she had them before she left. The only thing Ive posted on FB are those inspirational quotes with no names and some pics of me and my new g/f. Starting a new relationship will be used against me?

Comment

• It's your call. I think it's wise to err on the side of under-sharing rather than over-sharing with the world when you're engaged in litigation with someone whom you describe as very conflictual. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by stripes View Post
                  It's your call. I think it's wise to err on the side of under-sharing rather than over-sharing with the world when you're engaged in litigation with someone whom you describe as very conflictual. Your mileage may vary, of course.
                  I whole-heartedly agree Stripes. Good advice. I'll make use of private messages more often and have definitely stopped the whole "inspirational Quotes" thing on FB. In contrast Im posting quotes about love and forgiveness. The one's she "will" probably nail me on are the "parental alienation" quote banners even though there were no names mentioned for sure they'll be brought up. Guess I should start looking for a defense now. Funny how it works. All these embarrassing false allegations, telling my landlord, me having to get say statements from supervisor's etc, neighbours looking at me weird .. my dirty laundry being aired to the world and she's facebook stalking and going to get me on inspirational banners on parental alienation. If I did anything Id deserve all this. It just so happens I didn't. Just doesn't seem right.

Comment

• If you haven't sent your mail....it doesn't hurt to ask the ex's legal aid lawyer

Dear ex lawyer ...I'm curious why your not encouraging your client to enter into your free mediation services.....partial cut and paste below from LAO or legal aid ontario website

here you can get LAO’s free mediation services

Contact LAO’s toll-free number to see if you’re eligible for LAO's free mediation services or to referred to subsidized mediation service.
                    Call 1-800-668-8258 from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

You may also qualify for free legal advice on your mediation agreement

If you’re a mediation client in select locations, you can call LAO’s toll-free line to learn if you’re financially eligible for up to six hours with a lawyer, who can then help you before, during and after entering into any legal agreement based on the mediation.
                    You can receive advice from a lawyer about the mediation process, assistance in preparing for the mediation, or develop a better understanding of your options. The lawyer can also assist with obtaining a court order or binding agreement to enforce the terms of the mediation agreement.

Comment

• Actually if you poke around Legal Aid Ontario's website...They even help on child abduction issues...lmao (sad really) You gotta find out what the heck this tax payer funded lawyers mandate is.....settlement or promoting conflict

Comment

• Mr. Toronto:

Thank you so much for providing those links. I contacted missingkids.ca and spoke with a case worker for just over an hour describing just about every detail. She couldn't believe I was "disallowed" to file a missing persons and was asking badge numbers, etc. She mimicked a lot of what Ive heard on here --> "what? you weren't charged? never an issue in your relationship before this? Squeaky clean record?" She elaborated that she sees this all too often. She said I sounded very intelligent/motivated and that I've taken all the right steps thus far (with the help of you guys). The best part .. they're contacting the police on my behalf to check out "options".

I also wonder if you're on to something regarding the "complaints" to the Upper Canada L.S regarding her lawyer being a stickler and not wanting to be agreeable to settle on anything. Tax dollars could be going somewhere else.

Comment

• I just started a thread "LEGAL AID gone wild" you should read it...there's horror stories out there against guys that lose there kids.

you would think legal aid would help people with low incomes defend themselves in Court

but it looks like woman (according to there website) just walk in their offices and claim domestic abuse which gets an automatic lawyer. For what? Just in case there's litigation? There isn't even a Court action started!

in this case ...where was the follow up? Your guilty. That's it it's finished
                          Fight back and you lose and pay our legal team Costs....which of course they have endless money to fight and win because the taxpayer funds them. Free Passes to abduct children!

You should check the Legal Aid website...it has a Domestic Abuse section and when you get there...holey cow the contacts that are in there to help a faker is huge

I got the feeling the Legal Aid Building was attached to the women's shelter...lol

I now assume any ex that walks into a Legal Aid office and makes any kind of false allegation....gets a automatic residence at a shelter and a lawyer to beat the brains outta a guy who wants to see his kids

I suggest writing (more writing lol .hey Canadians are good at writing letters) to the Ontario Ombudsmen and lodge a compliant and send a copy of the compliant to that legal aid lawyer....because family law is about the parties settling matters to avoid Court....not "lawyering up" just for Court on the taxpayers dime....the Ombudsmen has already slammed them...see my thread.

you wrote the ex was travelling around looking at more ways to be a victim I bet that's the Legal Aid team helping again.

According to the legal aid website they have FREE mediators for there client...but they never went that route or you would of been informed...they also have Dispute Resolution Program...they also didn't go that route. WHY NOT?

A further note to todays note may be in order to Legal Aid (along with asking who in that office you can complain to). You need the ombudsman copy. Case law (in my thread) on how they cause chaos, and where you can launch a protest to your treatment to there management......for a judge to read very soon
                          Last edited by MrToronto; 04-28-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• For the legal aid hypocrite ..I don't know if you recall......that your ex planned on leaving for a year and tampered with cellphone, computer, damaging the house and manipulated you in video's and photo's to look bad....prior to going to legal aid. Are these legal aid guys nuts...who the heck shows up with a briefcase already full of incriminating stuff just of the street? and not wonder or get suspicious .....a person abandons a marriage the first thing to grab and run...a binder full of B.S against a ex...hilarious

Comment

I just started a thread "LEGAL AID gone wild" you should read it...there's horror stories out there against guys that lose there kids.

you would think legal aid would help people with low incomes defend themselves in Court

but it looks like woman (according to there website) just walk in their offices and claim domestic abuse which gets an automatic lawyer. For what? Just in case there's litigation? There isn't even a Court action started!

in this case ...where was the follow up? Your guilty. That's it it's finished
                              Fight back and you lose and pay our legal team Costs....which of course they have endless money to fight and win because the taxpayer funds them. Free Passes to abduct children!

You should check the Legal Aid website...it has a Domestic Abuse section and when you get there...holey cow the contacts that are in there to help a faker is huge

I got the feeling the Legal Aid Building was attached to the women's shelter...lol

I now assume any ex that walks into a Legal Aid office and makes any kind of false allegation....gets a automatic residence at a shelter and a lawyer to beat the brains outta a guy who wants to see his kids

I suggest writing (more writing lol .hey Canadians are good at writing letters) to the Ontario Ombudsmen and lodge a compliant and send a copy of the compliant to that legal aid lawyer....because family law is about the parties settling matters to avoid Court....not "lawyering up" just for Court on the taxpayers dime....the Ombudsmen has already slammed them...see my thread.

you wrote the ex was travelling around looking at more ways to be a victim I bet that's the Legal Aid team helping again.

According to the legal aid website they have FREE mediators for there client...but they never went that route or you would of been informed...they also have Dispute Resolution Program...they also didn't go that route. WHY NOT?

A further note to todays note may be in order to Legal Aid (along with asking who in that office you can complain to). You need the ombudsman copy. Case law (in my thread) on how they cause chaos, and where you can launch a protest to your treatment to there management......for a judge to read very soon
                              I know what I'm doing tonight. Oh I LOVE writing letters. And Im darn good at it. Genious. They want to spar but there's nobody to spar with. Im not looking for a fight. I want this resolved and for life to move on. I've offered mediation, countless negotiations, constantly saying Im open to any suggestions for resolution on their part. All I ever get back is .. " uhhh .. drugs and alcohol ... uhhh ... pay us". Enough already. Yes .. I know exactly what Id like to write. What Id love to do is do some statistical analysis on the amount of domestic abuse allegations that are found to be unsubstantiated and dropped vs. length of time it took to find that out on a graph. Also, how long the father was kept from his child during that whole time that he'll never get back.

Comment

For the legal aid hypocrite ..I don't know if you recall......that your ex planned on leaving for a year and tampered with cellphone, computer, damaging the house and manipulated you in video's and photo's to look bad....prior to going to legal aid. Are these legal aid guys nuts...who the heck shows up with a briefcase already full of incriminating stuff just of the street? and not wonder or get suspicious .....a person abandons a marriage the first thing to grab and run...a binder full of B.S against a ex...hilarious
                                I'm the one feeling abused. I should've seen it coming. Did I mention she was EXTREMELY intimate right before work the day she left? Took her on a shopping spree ay IKEA 2 days before and supper at Red Lobster. I wondered why she wasn't taking her things out of the packages. Her new townhouse must be very stylish. But who's intimate like that the day of? And I usually wait until kidling is up from nap to say bye. I left early that day. 3 damn months on false allegations which allow rule 285 trump rule 283(1) of criminal code. Its gross.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X