This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No address for spouse

I have been separated 6yrs, he lives in Toronto somewhere, I only have a cell # for him, he refuses to tell me or his kids what his mailing address is. Every time I finally know where he works, he changes jobs. How can I file for divorce in this circumstance?

Secondly, if he passes away while we are separated(with interim separation agreement done in 03), I am responsible for his funeral expenses and paying the outstanding creditors with his life insurance?
    Thank you for any assistance

Can anyone share any comments to this??

Originally posted by Bylawgal View Post
    I have been separated 6yrs, he lives in Toronto somewhere, I only have a cell # for him, he refuses to tell me or his kids what his mailing address is. Every time I finally know where he works, he changes jobs. How can I file for divorce in this circumstance?

Secondly, if he passes away while we are separated(with interim separation agreement done in 03), I am responsible for his funeral expenses and paying the outstanding creditors with his life insurance?
    Thank you for any assistance

Comment

First time responding here, but I had a similar situation. Ex was living with his girlfriend in another city but refused to tell me where he was living and taking our children when they were with him for access visits. I had a general idea of where he lived from the children but no exact address even after it is stated in court order that information needs to be shared within 5 days of a move. Letters from my attorney, emails from me and even having it addressed by a parenting coach did not produce any answers. Fortunately I did find out from our children that my ex and his girlfriend recently purchased a home so I went to the land registry office in the city where he lives, paid my $9, searched by his name and was provided with all of details regarding the address, owners and even purchase price of the home. This is all a matter of public record and you can access it by going to the land registry office in the city where he resides. Now unfortunately, this will only work if he owns property. I know it is not much help but I hope it helps a little. Knowledge is power. Sorry I don't know about the second part.

Comment

Sorry, I have no answers for you... but have you tried calling the court house and asking the clerk what to do in such a situation?

Comment

My only suggestion would be to hire a cheap PI, or resourceful friend to track him down somewhere, and follow him. People in "the know" seem to have all sorts of ways of doing this easily. Know where his father lives, maybe he'll drop by his dad for father's day Have a friend at Rogers Bell, get the billing addy etc. Some of this is clearly against the law, but what are you going to do right.....

Comment

Does the kids' school not have any contact info on him?

Comment

Thank you for responding, the dilema is he does not own a property but is a border...so he tells his kids. Don't know why it's such a big secret,he left 6yrs ago and his kids seeing once or twice a year if he visits Ottawa. He is a tranport driver in the US. I will keep at it.Thanks again

Comment

I will not give up, I am known not to be quiter,one day I will track him

Comment

Our kids are adults, 31 and 26, he tells them nothing, but thanks for the thought. It would have been a great idea

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X