This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to include in Court Documents

I was just drafting up a Settlement Conference Brief for my finance, and I am having a hard time knowing what to include inside them. A part of me wants to respond to accusations from his exwife, and another part of me finds it all a little "low class" for lack of a better term, and it feels petty. Do the judges not get plain annoyed with people who use the courts to mudsling? If we take the high road, and ignore the stupidity, will that work in our favor?
    My gut tells me not to sink to her level. However, my protective instincts make me want to fight tooth and nail.

I think the key word there is Settlement - Why not intertwine your "Offer to Settle" in relation to the facts. Keep brief and address all outstanding issues.

Leave for motion on anything urgent, in the alternative, expedited trial. Keep in mind - Settlement Conference materials are privileged from the record. An additional Offer would have to be served independently to be considered valid Offer.

Comment

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I drafted the offer, and managed to do quite well and keep my dignity intact....thanks!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X