Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 07:29 PM
FromOverTheMountains FromOverTheMountains is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1
FromOverTheMountains is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Wife left the country with our children


I am looking for answers and advice. I was divorce a bit over 2 years ago. While going through the divorce, I was depressed and bullied by my ex. She insisted that I give her the right to "visit" her parents overseas. Not knowing what to do, I agreed to it. Big mistake. She left, and never came back. Now, the country where she is living is becoming less stable and I am worried about my children's well-being. What can I do?

Is it too late to go back to the courts? Is there any chance that I could gain custody? From what I gather, my wife does not seem to be working and relies on her parents to take care of the children. She does not have a steady job and the children are now incapable of speaking either English or French which will hurt their chances in the future should they return to Canada.

My question is whether my case is hopeless. Is there any chance I could get the divorce agreement my ex-wife signed respected? Is it too late? What would happen if I win and she does not return? [She is living in a country that is not a Hague Convention signatory.]
Old 11-13-2008, 01:51 PM
FL_Needs_To_Change's Avatar
FL_Needs_To_Change FL_Needs_To_Change is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 1,261
FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

I would attempt to bring forth an emergency motion based on the fact that your agreement states she is permitted to leave the country to "visit" her parents that you did NOT agree to her not returning nor keeping the children abroad and away from their biological father.

Also make a strong point to outline the state of the country that she has taken the children to, and the lack of financial means she has to properly care for them.

Also ask for this to be an exparte order, IE in the absence of the other party based solely on it's emergency bases.
The well being of the children is paramount and it appears that she is not thinking of the children but rather her own selfish desires to be near (with) her parents and forgot that the children have "two" parents that love them and "need to be a part of their lives.
Closed Thread

child custody, parent left the country

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joint Physical Custody: Smart Solution or Problematic Plan? WorkingDAD Parenting Issues 19 09-17-2012 06:38 AM
My wife wants to controll me and my children needadvice Divorce & Family Law 21 04-01-2011 09:33 AM
Divorcing Well SigRent Parenting Issues 2 05-06-2010 09:02 PM
Wife and Boyfriend and Children Ottawafather Divorce & Family Law 9 04-19-2008 04:27 PM
Left Hook javier cano General Chat 1 07-08-2006 07:51 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.