This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer split

Hi I have two kids and my ex and I have joint custody 50/50. I have a question regarding what ppl do during the summer months. Nothing is specifically outlined in our agreement regarding summer. We are both okay with alternating every two weeks but I have a questions with respect to costs for camps.

If I am off in the summer am I required to pay any share of her expenses for the camps she chooses to put the kids into? Our daughter is nine and son four. I may rent a cottage for a couple weeks with the kids and was not going to ask my ex to chip in so I don't understand why I would be obligated to help pay for her camps. I was also going to put my kids in the odd camp here and there but will pay for the full cost myself. Is it a fair arrangement that we each be responsible for the financial payments for any camps we choose to put the kids into when they are in our care?

There is no CS or SS in place as we both make roughly an equal amount.

Any feedback??

I will pay for the camps I enroll them in when they are with me and she can pay for the camps she enrolls them in when they are with her. Isn't that reasonable?
    What if she decides to pay over and beyond an amount for something she feels is reasonable and I believe it is over the top. Where is the line drawn?

We pay everything 50/50 throughout the school year. If we split the the summer one month each and I took them on a fancy trip somewhere it would be excessive to ask her to help pay for any of that, no?

My thinking is - the camps and activities you choose to do with the kids is up to you and it is your cost and where and what I do with them for my month is my cost. Otherwise it doesn't seem fair because the other party is forced to foot half the bill for something they have no control over.

Comment

I think it is reasonable - but I'm not your ex wife.

All depends on what she thinks is reasonable.

I'm guessing paying for half of a cottage you get to enjoy isn't going to help your argument... Perhaps just suggest you pay for your time/she pays for hers.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Thanks for the response.
        That was my suggestion as well from the beginning. She pay for her month's activities and I will do the same. That way each party can monitor their own expenses and neither one of us is forced to pay for something they may disagree about.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X