This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ring

I just need a bit of help getting up, it was a rough weekend for me.

Well, went out to a friends Bday with the spouse. She was having a great time dancing and getting licored up ... I just kept my distance, it was tough. Even more so, when I noticed she had taken off the weddinig ring!

I left the party early feeling ill to my gut ... tears running down my cheeks driving home talking with my therapist in heaven.

I followed suit by taking ring off yesterday and made sure she could see me doing it ... but have put the ring back on. I made a promise to God ... ring stays on.

Yesterday evening she asks how the full time job sitation is going and ask how much I'd be making ... not sure if she if fishing for information?

As well, she's been pleasant the last two days ... her actions just don't match with what words come out of her mouth. Things like of well, only one life to live, out with the old in with the new. I'm just slowly beginning to lose 'trust' with her ... slowly.

Sorry all, normally I'm encouraging to others, just been tripped up this weekend, needing a hand to get back up again.

Hubby

Hubby, encouragin -that you are!!!!but God gave us hands to help each other up when we're down,and hold each other when we're falling. Last time I looked I had two hands so... right now thry're extended to you. You're a charm, you know.
    Your wife doesn't seem too considerate to your feelings; she may be pushing you away b/c it's hard on her also,although there are kinder ways to do it.
    I continuously repeat " greater is He who is in me than is in the world". People may hurt me here but doing what's right in God's eyes should really be my only mission. Also remember the Serenity prayer; it says it all.
    Remember that your feelings and hurt are important to us also, you're also here for support, not just to hold the rest of us up.
    I wish you a really great day

Comment

Thanks for helping me to remember.

God Knows the Truth,

Yes, He who is in Me is Greater than the World ... maybe he was just napping when all this was happening to me!

I agree about not being considerate sometimes to ones feelings.

You know me, always the optimist. Hearing things like 'please', 'thank-you', 'smiling when looked at' from her gives one hope but then to see such an action from her, just sort of nullifies everything.

My main issue now, is TRUST. I'm hoping He will restore that for me ... and soon.

Hubby

Comment

Hubby, Sorry to hear your going through this rough patch.

Some days are cloudy and gray
        And nothing seems to go right
        The days that we like best
        Are the ones sunny and bright

Today, I hope this wish for you
        Wishing you a bright sunny day
        Were here for you my friend
        Even when it's cloudy and gray

May the love of the Lord
        Guide you along your way
        Filling your heart with happiness
        And answers for all that you pray

Comment

My heart goes out to Hubby

"Keep your stick on the ice" Hubby

Thats the way that the world goes round
          you're in a half an inch of water
          but you think you're gonna drown

one minute you're up ,the next you're down
          but thats the way that the world goes round

Tough to have these human emotions Hubby but you have the tools in your tool chest to cope. It is part of the whole process to feel "all" the emotions before we arrive at our future. Serenity prayer fits here...we are all looking for peace and safe harbour.

Comment

Thanks Grace and Bearall ...

I'm sure before I left heavan to come to Earth I told God the only emotion I wanted to take to experience was happiness!

Hubby

Comment

LOL....Amen to that brother

Comment

Dear Hubby

You need know that yours is an old soul ...you've been here many times before...you're a light in the darkness to others..lest we stumble, on our way through the door.
                dear hubby, your wife is callus to your feelings and yet you extend your heart to so many others every day...........I have no excuse or reason (in my small understanding of human nature) but I do know this...for all of the encouragement and advice you have given me you are my freind, though we never meet and I love and support you.......God Bless.. JO

Comment

JO,

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. Old Soul ... yes indeed, all will be revealed once I'm back home!

My Lord came down here to save and serve ... I'm just following his example, and yes, if he was persecuted and hurt, so too will I be.

Yes friends on earth, whom become one in heaven. I'm sure we'll all laugh these things off once back up there, saying 'Can you believe I actually did or said that!' ...

Hubby

Comment

Just hang in there, God will take care of you through all this

Life goes through its share of ups and downs, just hang on tightly for the next little while, it's going to be tough.

Comment

Hang In There

Hubby,

I have continuously read your positive to comments to others on the site, and I wanted to offer you the same in your time of need. You may not be able to see the forest for the trees at the moment, but there is a reason for everything. We may not know where the next moment will lead us, but never give up hope or faith that things always have a way of working themselves out.

Please continue to believe in what is right and good, and you will be justly rewarded.

Mother2boys

Comment

Thanks everyone for helping lift this ol' hubbys' spirits up ...

Hubby

Comment

Hey Hubby,

Sorry to hear that you are going through the dark times.

I am sure you've heard this million times before but it's true - "everything happens for a reason..."

As of now, you wouldn't know what the reason is but God has said that there'll be rainbow after storms and rain. Trust in him and everything'll smooth out.

Try not to worry much, it only makes you incompetent to make "right" decisions and choices.

God bless you and hope things will work out!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X