Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"let's not forget your share" lol you took the works out of my mouth. Seems too often the payor's contribution is the only amount considered.

Comment

today...

I couldn't even imagine

a) not having to PAY child support
      b) receiving $346 per month

No wonder my ex is dumping so much into her RRSP's.

Comment

LOL You can't help but laugh, it is the world we live in and nobody cares. LOL Oh well it is our children, what could be more important. Life goes on. Can't complain. (nobody would listen) LOL good day to all.

Comment

Good to be back!

Well ... I see some new faces and some old!

DD! Got too love you ... you always know how to incite a riot! LOL

Well, having to pay a fortune in CS, my ex asked me to pay for life jackets for the kids since I will be taking them to the camper this year -- I told her, that my money tree has not blossemed yet!

So, again does CS cover items deemed 'for the children' ...

Hubby

Comment

I see that I'm a little late on this post but I have a few questions. What does CS really cover? Food, Clothing, Shelter. Now what does everyone else do when they split their time with their ex`s. Do they send a bag of clothes back and forth? I am a payer and I would like it clarified on what CS covers. The ex asked me to supply my son with his own clothes at my house. I have a hard time with since I pay $1200/month for a single child.

Comment

wow! Is the $30 for a gift and wrapping worth saving so you child can stay home sad about not being able to attend his best friend's birthday?? Regardless of who has my child for the party I would feel like an ASS not doing whatever I can to help her go.

When my STBX has a birthday for one of his neices, nephews, he pays for the gift from our daughter, regardless of if it's on my time or his. And since I have no other kids on my side (yet) I pay for gifts for her friends. It is a decision that depends on each situation, but make it work for your child.

Comment

Originally posted by Oils006 View Post
                I see that I'm a little late on this post but I have a few questions. What does CS really cover? Food, Clothing, Shelter. Now what does everyone else do when they split their time with their ex`s. Do they send a bag of clothes back and forth? I am a payer and I would like it clarified on what CS covers. The ex asked me to supply my son with his own clothes at my house. I have a hard time with since I pay $1200/month for a single child.
                You're right... CS should cover food, clothing, shelter, and other daily necessitities. And if you are the "non-custodial" parent, then the custodial parent should also be sending a bag of clothes with the child to your home for visits/vacations. Of course, it doesn't hurt to keep one or two additional outfits at your home, just in case, as well as some bathroom needs (toothbrush, comb, etc.)

From what one judge told us, the only things CS does not cover is daycare, tutoring, additional education courses, and extracurricular activities at the elite level.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
                  When my STBX has a birthday for one of his neices, nephews, he pays for the gift from our daughter, regardless of if it's on my time or his. And since I have no other kids on my side (yet) I pay for gifts for her friends. It is a decision that depends on each situation, but make it work for your child.
                  This is what we do as well. If my stepson is invited to a classmate's / friend's birthday party - even one that falls on our time, and we agree to allow him to attend - his mom provides the gift and gift-wrap. (It's included in CS.) The only time WE provide a gift is when we take him to a party on our side of the family. Just the same, his mom provides the gift when she takes him to a party on her side of the family. Whatever the case... we always try to make it work for the child's sake. (A child shouldn't be forbidden from attending a friend's birthday simply because his parents are not together.)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X