Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-19-2020, 04:35 AM

tilt is on a distinguished road

Assuming you are in Superior Court, this is the relevant Notice to the Profession for Ottawa.

https://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/not...9/notice-east/
Old 08-27-2020, 02:36 PM

excel is on a distinguished road

Can anyone suggest a resource in Ottawa that can help me file my motion electronically at a reasonable cost ? I am not very tech savvy .
Old 08-27-2020, 11:42 PM

Did you read the notice to the profession? It is pretty clear language and filing is simply a matter of emailing the correct documents labeled correctly. I didnt take a deep look at the Notice but it does not appear the Ottawa is doing motions beyond procedural/consent or urgent. Which your case does not appear to be either.
Old 08-28-2020, 01:12 PM

Thank you for the reply . Yes I did read the notice . I got the impression that I should file the motion , try to get a date and " wait in line " in case they started to hear cases again . At least it will give me a place holder . I am fearful that this will be a long wait ( much more than usual )
Old 08-28-2020, 02:41 PM

According to the notice, you need to make a case for why you need the motion BEFORE you file the motion:

"A party which proposes that a more complex motion should be heard shall provide a notice of motion and a short focused (no more than two pages) summary of the purpose of the motion, the issues and the reason it should proceed. The request will be filed with the family virtual counter by e-mail and sent to a triage judge. If the judge approves the motion, further direction will be given."

Notice of Motion is Form 14

Use 14A to fill out an affadavit. Two pages only, double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman. State only facts and dont make it any more complex than it absolutely has to be; state what has happened, that you have tried conferring with your co-parents, what you want the court to do, and why they need to do it now instead of 6-8 months down the road. If you can't get it sworn, write at the bottom "To be sworn before the Honourable Justice at the videoconference. DATE SIGNATURE"

Serve the other party first and include an affidavite of Service (Form 6B). Same note at the bottom about being sworn if necessary.

Save your documents as PDFs if you can. So that is three pretty simple forms that you email at once to the virtual family counter at ottawafamilycourt@ontario.ca
Old 01-23-2021, 03:39 PM

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer in Ottawa who can review my paperwork and only charge for this service ?
Old 01-24-2021, 01:27 PM

Rosebud1980 is on a distinguished road
Default File now

Hearings are all remote - teleconference or zoom.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:20 PM

Thank you for the reply Rosebud.
Yes I am aware that everything is virtual now. I would still have to fill out paperwork and submit it electronically . I just wanted to get a local lawyer to look over my forms and notes before hand . I was hoping someone could recommend someone that they already used that was good, and willing to do piece meal work instead of a huge retainer case .
I think the matter at hand is fairly straight forward . Thank you again .
Old 01-25-2021, 02:23 PM

Rosebud1980 is on a distinguished road

Ron Loder
Loreen Irvine
Start with those two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk