Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:25 PM

seekinganswers79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I agree with the above, he has 2 options:

1) A true 50/50, and he works out how he is going to take care of the kids during his time.

2) EOW nonsense and table CS.

He wants you to have custody, but he does not want to pay. You have no obligation to follow any of his ridiculous proposed schedules.

Also, this is going to sound weird, but taking a day off work to be with your sick kid is actually kinda awesome. Yes, it is a major hassle, and work tends to be crazy for a few days after, but some of the best bonding time I have ever had with my children has been during those sick days when I was taking care of them. You don't want to give that up.

Not that you actually would be giving it up, because I would bet lots of money that you would still be covering most of the days that he was "on call".

Last point: You indicated that you were afraid of court. It is important not to be so afraid that you agree to a bad deal. To be clear, the court would never support his schedule or his calculations. He should be paying table CS, because it sounds like he has no plans on being a father.
This. All of this. Thank you so much for this.

I hadn't considered him making overnight arrangements for care, but I get it logically. If it came to that, then so be it.

But your line that he wants me to have custody, but not pay is the crux of it. I honestly have no issue going 50/50 and not getting child support, but he hasn't proposed 50/50 or even a 60/40 schedule for that matter that works. The issue is not the child support, the issue is him trying to get out of his responsibilities.

Thank you, truly. I needed this morale boost.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:27 PM

seekinganswers79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona6656 View Post
Wouldn't the world be a great place if we could all just get along for the kids sake and help each other out when things come up? lol
A girl can dream. Lol *sigh*