Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:47 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

They can order support and disclosure at conferences. Especially in cases like yours. If there is proof of SOME income they can order support. For your case, you also had proof he was withholding info so it was ordered.

Most of agreements on consent at conferences are based on what could happen and the judge encourages settlement.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:31 PM

StillPaying is on a distinguished road

Once you get a case management judge, you'll see a lot more orders be made at sc/tmc's without consent needed.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:16 AM

Codename is on a distinguished road

I just read your case, I just wanted to know what stage you are at now. Have you gone to trial? Has he disclosed income? If you read my case is with my daughter and her ex he too has been ordered to disclose income, bank statements, financial, loan application and so much more especially since he is self employed.
I would like to hear from you.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:56 AM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename View Post
I just read your case, I just wanted to know what stage you are at now. Have you gone to trial? Has he disclosed income? If you read my case is with my daughter and her ex he too has been ordered to disclose income, bank statements, financial, loan application and so much more especially since he is self employed.
I recently filed for a motion to have income imputed, along with child support, arrears, and s7 expenses based off that imputation. I wanted to ask that it be made a final order but the lawyer I spoke to said there was a good chance that the judge wonít want to make a final order on a short motion, but will very likely make a temporary order of some sort (as it is blatantly obvious he is underpaying). She said once I have the temporary order, start pushing to trial for the final order.
The motion was set for the end of September. My ex showed but never bothered to file a response or a financial statement (as seems to be the case every time). The judge allowed an adjournment but gave my ex a stern talking to and told him he would be going ahead on this motion at the next scheduled date- whether he files material or not.
Lo and behold I was at the courthouse today to file my confirmation (motion is now set for next week) and the ex still hasnít bothered to file anything.

I am cautiously optimistic that his almost 2 years of delaying and hindering the court process will finally begin catching up with him next week.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:02 AM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename View Post
My process so far has been:

-Filed for child support in the beginning of 2018
-x3 first appearances (kept getting adjourned because ex wasnít filing financials)
- Case conference in December 2018. Judge forced ex to consent to a temporary order for CS (but he wouldnít agree to anything substantial- the amount he is paying is actually less than it would be based off min wage
- Settlement Conference April 2019- ex was ordered to disclose a BUNCH of stuff
-I booked a Trial Management Conference for December 2019 (the waitlist for this was super long)
-Motion booked for next week
-If I donít get a final order for everything next week (strong possibility) I will be attending the TMC in December
-After the TMC will be trial
Old 10-23-2019, 12:45 PM

Codename is on a distinguished road

This is the situation with my daughters case. He was given a court order to produce all documentation time has gone by, the lawyer even extended an extra 10 days. We are now filing to Strike his motion and the incomplete financial statement that was filed with no documentation. I am not sure if you read this case but she also has a judgement against him for not paying her loan back. He has a warrant out in small claims court for not obeying the judge and appearing in court for not disclosing his financial statement. I want to tell you something that is so funny. I know this guy is self employed and works for other people and gets paid cash. I just found posting of the company that pays him cash with photo's of him working all the way back to 2017. Both of my lawyers laughed. The small claims lawyers is now putting a application in to call in the company. The family lawyer is using all of this information also in family law. I have faith in the justice system and one of my motos is the song,
"time is on my side, yes it is". Keep me posted