Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-16-2019, 02:57 PM

Frostrated is on a distinguished road
Default He signed

My ex emailed me and said he was sorry for being selfish and only held off signing the separation agreement because he thought we could fix things. He signed the agreement and the waiver giving up his right to get legal counsel. He also signed and said he had no one to witness it.

He's agreed to go to the real estate lawyer and sign off on the deed and asked to have his name taken off the mortgage as soon as possible. My worry, is that he didn't have a witness on purpose and that after getting his name off the deed and mortgage, he's going to turn around and say he changed his mind. Meanwhile, he's not responsible for the mortgage but will still want half my house. I'd like to think he's being sincere but I'm also worried he's just trying to screw me over. It's so frustrating
Old 11-16-2019, 05:26 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Please tell me you didnít respond and left him to send everything to the lawyer. If you think he isnít still playing you are wrong. He is still playing his game and you should be on your guard.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:01 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

I would want him to have a witness at the very least. What is to stop him saying that he didnt sign, that you forged his signature?