Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel that I am about to be doing the same. How can a woman deny me access to my son without evidence of any wrong doing. Letter from her counsel to mine advising that she's denying any and all access. Nothing mentioned about my son's best interest. He is 10 months old, and his eyes always lit up, huge smiles when I picked him up for access during the times she "dictated". She spoke a different language to him when I picked him up and dropped him off, lies to her friends and has several women present at pick ups and drop offs, thus creating herself as the perfect victim. My two daughters(from a previous relationship) have not been informed as of yet that they will not be able to see their brother. They loved visiting with him, and enjoyed our time together. Why can this happen. Is Court the only way I can get something done about this? Can her past Psychiatrists visits be entered into court? I have recorded EVERY pick up and drop off because I do not trust her, can they be entered? Statements from her friends that tell me they do not agree with what she's doing, and says that she's not listening to them. My Ex has advised that she would stand up for me in court in regards to me being an amazing Dad, my daughters are doing fantastic, and my ex and I are getting along great. However this past relationship, she has mental issues that seem to be dismissed and ignored by those around her. I am going to do whatever I can to protect my son. That means Full custody. The parental alienation factor I know will be an issue, and a concern. He is the only person she can force to love her, until he sees and feels what she truly has done when he gets older. I am hurting inside that she would do this to him.
    Any assistance or input would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dadof2GandB View Post
      I feel that I am about to be doing the same. How can a woman deny me access to my son without evidence of any wrong doing. Letter from her counsel to mine advising that she's denying any and all access. Nothing mentioned about my son's best interest. He is 10 months old, and his eyes always lit up, huge smiles when I picked him up for access during the times she "dictated". She spoke a different language to him when I picked him up and dropped him off, lies to her friends and has several women present at pick ups and drop offs, thus creating herself as the perfect victim. My two daughters(from a previous relationship) have not been informed as of yet that they will not be able to see their brother. They loved visiting with him, and enjoyed our time together. Why can this happen. Is Court the only way I can get something done about this? Can her past Psychiatrists visits be entered into court? I have recorded EVERY pick up and drop off because I do not trust her, can they be entered? Statements from her friends that tell me they do not agree with what she's doing, and says that she's not listening to them. My Ex has advised that she would stand up for me in court in regards to me being an amazing Dad, my daughters are doing fantastic, and my ex and I are getting along great. However this past relationship, she has mental issues that seem to be dismissed and ignored by those around her. I am going to do whatever I can to protect my son. That means Full custody. The parental alienation factor I know will be an issue, and a concern. He is the only person she can force to love her, until he sees and feels what she truly has done when he gets older. I am hurting inside that she would do this to him.
      Any assistance or input would be appreciated.
      Document EVERYTHING.

Get your lawyer to get the ball rolling ASAP. It is slow moving so you will have to get your application for joint custody or sole custody moving as the more time that passes the more status quo is established.

Push for an emergency motion for access. Push for a motion for OCL involvment or if you have the money and seriously consider her to be mentally unstable go for a section 30 assessment. This is pricey but very useful. Info here : Custody and Access Evaluations Durham region Ajax Whitby Pickering Oshawa Scarborough Toronto Etobicoke Richmond Hill Cobourg, Belleville, Hamiliton Bruce Bellevile Ontario child divorce . We are waiting for this ourselves but might be the saving grace for us as we are in the same boat.

WE learned the hard way that there is no point negotiating back and forth with someone who is unreasonable. It just wasted letters, money, and time. Keep on the table at any time you are willing to do arbitration to show you are eager to settle. I doubt she'll agree to this.

READ READ READ and Prepare!

Good luck.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X